“Always great food and good service”

Osaka Steak & Sushi
Ranked #42 of 73 Restaurants in Dawsonville
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I have eaten at Osaka many times. It is one of my family's favorite restaurants. The food is always excellent, and the service is usually good.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We have a couple of Japanese places as options for eating out in the Dawsonville area. Osaka is by far the better option as far as the food and price go.

They allow you to order the lunch portion during the dinner time and you will find that this is plenty of food for any meal.

We have eaten habachi style each time and have never had a good meal. The server/cook is always fun and pleasant.

We will continue to go there.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our family really enjoys eating here. We drive 30 mins from home but it is so worth it. The chefs are so friendly and the staff. The lunch portion is always plenty for our family.

1  Thank Marvin B
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

For a Japanese steakhouse, the menu is quite impressive. The staff was friendly and we were seated and served in a timely manner.
Price is what you would expect for the service.
Very good experience.

1  Thank Catlady_Magenta
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were in Dawsonville around dinner time and I wanted sushi. I also wanted to go to The Kani House but when I suggested this, my husband offered Osaka. It had been awhile since I've been there so I thought why not. I wish I would have stuck to my guns and gone to the Kani House.
It was a crowded Friday night but we were seated right away because we sat at a dining table and not hibachi. Our server greeted us and asked us what we wanted to drink. I asked if they had any unfiltered sake. He said he didn't know. He then said no. I asked him to check for sure but if they didn't, just bring cold sake. I got a glass of cold sake. My problem with this is that this shouldn't be a question that they server doesn't know. If one works in a Japanese restaurant, please be educated on sake.
Next issue, my husband order steak hibachi, my son ordered a California roll, and I ordered the Sex and the City roll. My husband got his dinner and my son got his roll but mine didn't make an appearance until 15 minutes later. I understand that each has different make times, but please coordinate them together so we can eat as a table. If my husband waited on me, his meal would have been cold.
Having said that, the food was fine. Nothing great and not bad. But having to deal with a few obstacles prevented us from enjoying what could have been a pleasant meal. Since the options for sushi are limited in the area, maybe service isn't a priority for them. Next time, I will be returning to The Kani House a mile down the road.