“More than you expect”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“More than you expect”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

For a Japanese steakhouse, the menu is quite impressive. The staff was friendly and we were seated and served in a timely manner.
Price is what you would expect for the service.
Very good experience.

1 Thank Catlady_Magenta

Atlanta, Georgia
“Should have gone to the Kani House like I wanted.”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were in Dawsonville around dinner time and I wanted sushi. I also wanted to go to The Kani House but when I suggested this, my husband offered Osaka. It had been awhile since I've been there so I thought why not. I wish I would have stuck to my guns and gone to the Kani House.
It was a crowded Friday night but we were seated right away because we sat at a dining table and not hibachi. Our server greeted us and asked us what we wanted to drink. I asked if they had any unfiltered sake. He said he didn't know. He then said no. I asked him to check for sure but if they didn't, just bring cold sake. I got a glass of cold sake. My problem with this is that this shouldn't be a question that they server doesn't know. If one works in a Japanese restaurant, please be educated on sake.
Next issue, my husband order steak hibachi, my son ordered a California roll, and I ordered the Sex and the City roll. My husband got his dinner and my son got his roll but mine didn't make an appearance until 15 minutes later. I understand that each has different make times, but please coordinate them together so we can eat as a table. If my husband waited on me, his meal would have been cold.
Having said that, the food was fine. Nothing great and not bad. But having to deal with a few obstacles prevented us from enjoying what could have been a pleasant meal. Since the options for sushi are limited in the area, maybe service isn't a priority for them. Next time, I will be returning to The Kani House a mile down the road.

“Bugs on the grill”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The night first started off by the waitress cussing under her breath because they my kids wanted ranch dressing instead of ginger dressing. Which I might add they never asked which one they wanted. We later found out the reason is ranch cost the owner more!!! Then there was a bug that landed on the grill while he was cooking. WE WILL NEVER GO BACK!!

1 Thank Kristi789
“Boring”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Went in to experience hibachi. Food was decent, the rice was a little burnt. But the hibachi experience was the most boring experience ever. The guy just cooked in front of us, no entertainment, just cooked. And actually made a mess everywhwere, never will go back.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank foodcritique32
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“TERRIBLE TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!!!!!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I were having a lunch/movie date for our 2 year anniversary. Our movie started at 4:10 and it was 3:15 so we decided to go to Osaka to eat since it was close to the movie theater. We get there and waited 10 min and our waitress came and finally took our drink order but it never came out! then another waitress approached us and took our drink order again and that never came out as well! then finally this other waitress who I know from the past is a really good and fast server saw we didn't have our drinks and saw how frustrated we were and she came and took our drink order. We got our drinks and she said our waitress would be right with us.We had 3 different waitresses wait on us! 20 minutes later our server came and took our order. Although we were already frustrated we didn't say anything and continued to order. I ordered chicken, fried rice and veggies and my boyfriend ordered a side of rice and 3 orders of sushi. My food took FOREVER to come out and finally I got it as well as my boyfriends side of rice. I was starving so I went ahead and ate as my boyfriend was still waiting on his sushi. His drink was low so the waitress took it to refill it and sat it at the bar across from us and never refilled it! We had to get a random server who was just walking by us to get him another drink! As we're waiting 3 other people came in. 2 of them ordered sushi and GOT there sushi way before my boyfriend got his. The owner kept looking at us and it was very obvious we were frustrated and he didn't bother coming to check up on us. When I tried to make eye contact he would look away! I have never had this bad of service in my entire life! Then a waitress came up and asked if I needed a 2go box when my boyfriend hasn't even got his sushi! I was very livid! Osaka was one of my favorite places to eat but after this terrible experience I will NEVER be back and I will make sure everyone knows what terrible service we had! As we were waiting on another 2go box I heard the man (who got there after us) complain about how they have been waiting 45 min on his food when his daughter had already got hers and finished and he told them that he noticed me and my boyfriend had been waiting awhile too and we got there before him so I turned around to talk to him and he said he's never had bad service like Ed had today! Needless to say it was very bad and we will NOT be back! DO NOT GO THERE!!!

• Visited June 2013