My husband and I visited Amicalola Falls Lodge for our anniversary celebration. We checked in around 5 PM. We were able to get a room upgrade when we checked in. The room was spacious and clean. We had a balcony with a wonderful view and two comfortable chairs. The room was clean and comfortable. The furnishings are not new and the wall paper could stand to be replaced. Everything was functional and the furniture was comfortable. We were pleased with the room.
We had dinner in the Maple Restaurant. Dinner was buffet style. At first I was not pleased with the offerings as dinner is over $17 per person and there was not a large selection of food. The food however was very good and everything I tried was tasty. My husband and I both were happy with dinner. We both left full and satisfied.
The bed was comfortable. We both slept well. My only complaint is the pillows. The pillows were flat and uncomfortable. They definitely need to invest in better pillows. I would have given 5 stars if they had better pillows.
All in all we had a good trip and enjoyed our stay. We will stay at the lodge again given the opportunity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- High in the North Georgia Mountains is Amicalola Falls State Park home of Amicalola Falls Lodge. Named after the Cherokee word for “tumbling waters” Amicalola Falls is one of the most popular state parks in Georgia. The park’s namesake is the 729-foot falls: the highest cascading waterfall east of the Mississippi River. The park is also the start of the 8-mile approach trail to Springer Mountain, the southern end of the 2,150-mile Appalachian Trail. The Lodge was built in 1990 by the State of Georgia, with 56 guestrooms in the main lodge and 14 cabins along with a gift shop, meeting space and a mountain view restaurant. The lodge rooms vary from standard hotel rooms with 2 double beds, loft suites that can sleep 6, to king bed suites with private balconies. The Lodge also is home to The Maple Restaurant that offers breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. The Lodge rests on 829 acres with on-site activities that include stream or pond fishing, as well as more than twelve miles of hiking trails, several centering on viewing the spectacular 729-foot waterfall. Amicalola Falls Lodge features more than 4,000 square feet of meeting space that can host groups and social events consisting of up to 150 people in traditional meeting spaces as well as a unique outdoor veranda setting. The Lodge’s spectacular view, peaceful setting, and exceptional service make it a destination not to be missed while in the North Georgia Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Amicalola Falls Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amicalola Falls State Park Hotel Dawsonville
- Amicalola Falls State Park And Lodge