The Amicalola Falls Lodge has wonderful staff, a great location, and spacious rooms and common areas. However, the Lodge is in dire need of updating and maintenance. We stayed in the Executive Suite and were dismayed about the disrepair. The carpet was frayed in spots. The bath/shower setup was odd (disconcerting full-wall mirror, no curtain, hard to get into and out of), and was rusty and moldy. The screen door to the balcony was torn and useless, the air conditioner/heater was loud. The decor was circa 1988.
Sounds awful, right? Well, the suite was huge, the kitchen was well-equipped, and the room had gorgeous views. The staff at the hotel was friendly and helpful. The homespun food at the restaurant was not fancy, but delicious. The grounds are lovely and fun to explore. There's good with the bad. I don't blame the staff of this hotel for it's condition--I blame the state of Georgia for not giving the Lodge the resources to maintain and keep this gem of a hotel up to par.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- High in the North Georgia Mountains is Amicalola Falls State Park home of Amicalola Falls Lodge. Named after the Cherokee word for “tumbling waters” Amicalola Falls is one of the most popular state parks in Georgia. The park’s namesake is the 729-foot falls: the highest cascading waterfall east of the Mississippi River. The park is also the start of the 8-mile approach trail to Springer Mountain, the southern end of the 2,150-mile Appalachian Trail. The Lodge was built in 1990 by the State of Georgia, with 56 guestrooms in the main lodge and 14 cabins along with a gift shop, meeting space and a mountain view restaurant. The lodge rooms vary from standard hotel rooms with 2 double beds, loft suites that can sleep 6, to king bed suites with private balconies. The Lodge also is home to The Maple Restaurant that offers breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. The Lodge rests on 829 acres with on-site activities that include stream or pond fishing, as well as more than twelve miles of hiking trails, several centering on viewing the spectacular 729-foot waterfall. Amicalola Falls Lodge features more than 4,000 square feet of meeting space that can host groups and social events consisting of up to 150 people in traditional meeting spaces as well as a unique outdoor veranda setting. The Lodge’s spectacular view, peaceful setting, and exceptional service make it a destination not to be missed while in the North Georgia Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Amicalola Falls Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amicalola Falls State Park And Lodge
- Amicalola Falls State Park Hotel Dawsonville