This is the second time that we have visited this Lodge when in the Atlanta area over Thanksgiving. We were a little late for the autumn leaves this year, but the views were still beautiful overlooking the mountains. The rooms need to be renovated but are ok.
For those who have not yet visited, the restaurant has one of the most breath-taking views in Georgia overlooking the Appalachian mountains. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The restaurant food was good. Denise was our server and she was excellent with probably the best service we have had in a long time. She speaks a little Korean and we really enjoyed it.
We highly recommend this place as it is far better than other state park hotels we have visited. My suggestion is visit in the autumn when the colors are so vibrant and it is warm enough to be outside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- High in the North Georgia Mountains is Amicalola Falls State Park home of Amicalola Falls Lodge. Named after the Cherokee word for “tumbling waters” Amicalola Falls is one of the most popular state parks in Georgia. The park’s namesake is the 729-foot falls: the highest cascading waterfall east of the Mississippi River. The park is also the start of the 8-mile approach trail to Springer Mountain, the southern end of the 2,150-mile Appalachian Trail. The Lodge was built in 1990 by the State of Georgia, with 56 guestrooms in the main lodge and 14 cabins along with a gift shop, meeting space and a mountain view restaurant. The lodge rooms vary from standard hotel rooms with 2 double beds, loft suites that can sleep 6, to king bed suites with private balconies. The Lodge also is home to The Maple Restaurant that offers breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. The Lodge rests on 829 acres with on-site activities that include stream or pond fishing, as well as more than twelve miles of hiking trails, several centering on viewing the spectacular 729-foot waterfall. Amicalola Falls Lodge features more than 4,000 square feet of meeting space that can host groups and social events consisting of up to 150 people in traditional meeting spaces as well as a unique outdoor veranda setting. The Lodge’s spectacular view, peaceful setting, and exceptional service make it a destination not to be missed while in the North Georgia Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, getaroom.com, Groupon, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Amicalola Falls Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amicalola Falls State Park And Lodge
- Amicalola Falls State Park Hotel Dawsonville