“awesome”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dawsonville
Ypsilanti, Michigan
“awesome”
Reviewed June 15, 2011

i visited dawsonville georgia from may 25th to june 2nd for my nephews graduation, we stayed at this hotel, i must say that it was an awesome stay, the hotel is immaculate an the staff went above and beyond to make our stay a plwasant one, the owner was present all the time an took time to see if we were comfortable, i recommend this hotel to everyone when they are in dawsonville. shout out to all the staff of super 8

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dawsonville, Georgia
Reviewed April 13, 2011

I travel extensively and like to know I have a place to stay at the end of the day when I am near Dawsonville ,Georgia. Actually,for the most part,my reservations/plans can change from day to day.

B.P. Patel has gone so far as to call me to ask if I will be needing my room on several occasions when I had forgotten to call him because of my hectic schedule.

B.P. ,Kathey,Monisha and the entire staff at the Super 8 in Dawsonville have been very accomodating,meeting all of my needs during my stays and I have come to consider them all friends

It eases ones mind to know that a personal friendship awaits you at the end of a hard drive and that you always have a place to stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Haluska76
Carpentersville, Illinois
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Very friendly people, business office with working computer and laser printer. Pool for the children. Affordable rates, continental breakfast, WIFI worked all the time. Next time I go to Dawsonville I will go back.

Room Tip: I always stay on ground floor, for easy access.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Denny, Scotland
Reviewed February 9, 2011

We picked this hotel for an overnight stay as we did not want to travel too far after arriving at Altanta Airport after a transatlantic flight from the UK. The journey took about an hour and a half. We wanted a good clean budget type Motel as we were up early and away the next morning. Cost was £30 for the room which included breakfast. A bargain.

On arrival the check-in lady was really nice, informative and very helpful telling us where we could get meals etc nearby. (Few in walking distance too).

The room was oversized, had a fridge and microwave oven and a huge bathroom. Although basic, was clean and comfortable and keeping in mind the price paid was excellent value for money.

I also used the indoor swimming pool. (ideal for kids)

Breakfast was the usual cereals, juices, toasts, eggs, make your own waffles, buns etc. More than enough to set you up for the journey. Again, basic but really clean room and tidy breakfast supplies area. The hotel assistant made herself known and told us to ask her if there were things needing replacing (eg more coffee).

There are Shopping Outlets nearby about 1/2 mile which was great for a walk around on arrival.

They also had a computer for guests use (free) in the lobby/sitting area opposite the check-in desk.

I would certainly use this hotel again for an overnight stay if I was in the area.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Valley
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Will never stay here again. The hotel seemed cleaned but did not seem to be safe. It was in a dark location and did not have any security. We were awoken during night with several drunken men and women yelling and arguing in the hall and rooms carrying beer into the rooms. This went on for 2 to 3 hours. No one would ever address the problem. Needless to say, did not get any sleep. Would never recommend to anyone unless you want to spend and wild and drunken weekend away from home. This is not for family or women on shopping trip to outlet mall.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Arden
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Room was clean. We asked for a non smoking room but it was next door to a smoking room so there was the odor of cigarette smoke creeping into our room. The "deluxe" breakfast was anything BUT "deluxe"! A v er y poor selection of pakaged stale donuts and the same old sweet cereals. There were no cups for juice or coffee. There was no iron or ironing board in the room. The towels were rough like sandpaper. We will not stay there again. There was a broken treadmill sitting in the lobby area. The wi-fi was not working, the "business center" was a cheap desk in the middle of the lobby.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bradley28803
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed September 27, 2010

We last stayed here about 2 years ago but had decided to no longer stay there as the rooms just weren't clean and nice enough. When looking for a hotel room recently, I decided to read the reviews and was surprised to read how pleased folks are with the hotel. I booked a room and we, too, were quite pleased. The Hilton it is not; but it is updated and quite clean. The personnel have always been most pleasant and very willing to help in any way. Cons: the room spay was too strong; the bed is ok, and there was no decaf coffee either in the room or at the breakfast. Only upon leaving did I learn that it is at the front desk and has to be asked for. That being said, I would still recommend this hotel and will stay here again. Great value for the money.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dawsonville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn Dahlonega
Quality Inn Dahlonega
#7 of 8 in Dahlonega
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center

Been to Super 8 Dawsonville? Share your experiences!