“Better than the Chinese food in town”

Chef Tommy Thai Cuisine
Ranked #5 of 76 Restaurants in Dawsonville
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I picked it up and took it home. I had the Mussaman Curry. It was wonderful. I will definitely go back again. Skip Chin Chin next door and go here......

1  Thank anilidodi

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Snuggled in a little strip mall next to Arby's, great food, small menu but is expanding, Chef Tommy will cook to order. So nice to enjoy Thai without leaving town.

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I'm so relieved to have an option other than the run of the mill Chinese places.
Chef Tommy's has great food! I've tried a number of dishes now & all have been good (my favorite so far is the basil fried rice- unique & delicious!)
It is a shame that some of the Chinese places around this restaurant rank higher on trip advisor - none of them are as good!
I live here & I've tried them all; stick with Tommy's & Kani house for Asian food in Dawsonville.

1  Thank winebrat73
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We decided to give it a try even tho Thai in D-ville seemed questionable...but pleasantly surprised! We all ordered different meals...don't forget to look at the specials on the back because the salmon I had was a favorite in my group and the catfish was a close second. Of course, we had to try to the more traditonal pad Thai, which was also good (but needed to be spiced up a bit for my hubby). The staff was very friendly and accommodating with very good service. We had the pork lettuce wraps to start which were yummy, but she said they are adding shrimp spring rolls to the menu, so that we'll try next time.

As far as the restaurant atmosphere, there's just not much to say. They could have decorated a little more, but that's okay. For that reason, I'd probably prefer to go for a casual dinner or lunch, not a date night or birthday dinner. And there's not a kid's menu, so take your picky-eaters on a full tummy. (But we discovered my daughter loves salmon :)

2  Thank mjw_reviews
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Pretty darn good and the only Thai restaurant that I know of in the Forsyth Dawsonville area. There is another good Thai in Gwinnett Co. called What the Pho.........Service here at Chef Tommy's was great friendly and very fast..Each table has lots of condiments to choose from. It is clean and the food is fresh and simple. A nice change from the other chain restaurants in the area.

3  Thank Good2GoUSA