“Great way to hike”
Review of Len Foote Hike Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dawsonville
Len Foote Hike Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Dawsonville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great way to hike”
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Great service. Nice place to stay. My 17 yr old daughter and I hiked to the Hike Inn. Spent a nice afternoon there. The next morning hiked to springer mountain and back- the start of the Appalacian Trail. I did this with my son when he was a senior. Both kids loved it. It was a great time hiking together, and felt like quite an accomplishment for us. THe staff was friendly, and helpful. It was a nice quiet day, that allowed us to spend some quality time together. The food was, again great. We enjoyed meeting other people and visiting at meal time- then enjoyed a great hike in the meat of the day. If you want to use your cell phone, watch movies, and play video games- don't do this trip. If you are looking to get away from it all and enjoy nature, this is a great trip

Room Tip: The rooms are very basic- its in the middle of now where. They are clean. The water is hot. Every...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed September 21, 2011

My husband and I spent one night here on the 19 SEP 2011 and found the Hike Inn lodge to an immaculately clean and and quiet. I had requested a room away from the others fearing my husband's snoring would wake up the other guests, so we were put on the side opposite of the 9 other guests, which worked out great for us since we heard nothing. Our room was very tiny with bunk beds each containing a not so comfortable vinyl mattress pad (I hate sleeping on vinyl). We definitely did not want to linger long in the room, so we spent most of our time in the common areas which were all very nice and relaxing. The best part about this lodge is the staff, who made us feel welcomed. Cathy, the kitchen manager asked us what kind of hot beverages we preferred, and then made sure we had all we wanted. Her homemade cake with the cream cheese frosting was so delicious. There is unlimited ice water (yes there is ice), tea (hot and cold, decaf and regular), coffee (decaf and regular), hot cocoa, hot cider. The cups are large, although they do ask you to use the same one throughout your stay. Our turkey dinner was delicious and it was fun meeting the other guests and talking with them over dinner.
Breakfast the next morning was served at 8 am and was also very good.
The bath house was very clean, the showers hot, and there was shampoo and soap available.
The Inn asks the guests not to bring cell phones, my husband did bring his and was very discreet about using it (his Mother had fallen ill and was in the hospital). He did have sporadic cell phone reception.
My only complaint other than the vinyl mattresses, is the lack of mountain/hill views from the deck of the lodge. Maybe it was the time of year, but the view from the deck consisted of, well trees, a glimpse of the hills, but mostly just trees. If they were to cut down just a couple of the view blocking trees, the views could be breath-taking. I mean the lodge is sitting on top of a hill, I think it's a shame the views are mostly blocked by the trees. There is a nice viewpoint near the "starbase" area, but if it's raining, it's not the greatest place to sit.
All in all a pleasant stay, and I would recommend it for a one-night getaway!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank tammlynn
St Petersburg, Fl
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We stayed at the Len Foote Hike Inn for one night in late June 2011.

You have to work to get this inn. The 5-mile hike is rated easy to moderate. We enjoyed the walk. Pack lightly and bring plenty of water.

The inn is lovely- very rustic but extremely clean and comfortable. Each small room is sparsely decorated with just bunk beds, a chair, some pegs and a fan. It got cool at night so we were happy to have the warm blankets.

We enjoyed the tour of the inn with all the eco-friendly features. Don't be afraid of the composting toilets! They did not smell at all. The bath house had plenty of hot water for showers. All bed and bath linens were provided.

The food was fantastic! Dinner was pork tenderloin, mac and cheese, glazed carrots, spinach salad, rolls and cherry crumb pie. There was plenty of food and it is served family style. Breakfast was scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, to-die-for grits, cereal and juice. Water, coffee, hot tea, hot cocoa, iced tea and lemonade were always available.

We had musical entertainment that night from two guests. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We loved our stay here and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank j3mlee
colorado
Reviewed June 11, 2011

My husband, my dad, and I made the trip to the Hike Inn and we all loved it. It was a nice hike to the property and a great place to stay. Rooms were very basic, but clean and comfortable - and you don't really spend time in your room b/c their are plenty of common areas and beautiful outdoor areas. The food was excellent and the company was fantastic, staff was great. The hot shower was great after the hike. The scenery was beautiful, loved spending the afternoon relaxing in the sun.

I hope to go back many times in the future.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank kushta
Georgia
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Had an awesome time. The staff were great and so was the food. No Tv's or phones - so just relax!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Lyons, Illinois
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Went for a mother/daughter birthdays get away. The Inn was extremely clean. The staff (Wade and Cathy) were friendly and helpful. They made our experience wonderful! Cathy cooked vegetarian food and she did a great job in preparing and in presentation. The bunk beds were fine and warm with extra blankets. The staff responded immediately to our needs, even building a fire for us. I can not say anything bad about the place. I would and did recommend the Inn to our friends. We had a great, relaxing time with hiking in and out and during our stay. The hike in was not too bad. We would go back in the spring to see all the flowers. We had one nice day, rain and snow within our three day stay. The food is very good and they meet your needs!!

• Stayed January 2011
Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 21, 2011

My husband and I hiked up to Len Foote Inn for our first two night stay. We needed a break to relax and WOW did we get it! Len Foote Inn is clean as a pin, rustic yet comfortable. Lots of blankets are provided and they even have book lights for the asking should you want to read in bed. The food is served family style and was excellent! We ate a wonderful pork tenderloin and loved the multiple vegetables and salad. Despite my resolutions I could not say no to the honey wheat rolls each night. Our time hiking, reading on the porch looking at the Blue Ridge mountains, and talking with both the congenial staff and the other visitors was wonderful. We will be back!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ft_LauderdaleJoan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dawsonville
Amicalola Falls Lodge
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Dawsonville
Best Western Mountain View Inn

Been to Len Foote Hike Inn? Share your experiences!