“Great Best Western”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Dawsonville
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great Best Western”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Spent two nights at this hotel. The minute we walked in we knew it was going to be a nice experience. The place had a clean fresh citrus smell, the receptionist was very friendly and gracious, our room was so nice and clean. They offer a nice breakfast and the lady in charge was very efficient in keeping everything filled and ready for her next guests. I left my scarf on the back of my chair and when I returned to leave the hotel, the receptionist had it for me. She was such an asset to this Best Western. We will return here on our next shopping trip to the Premium Mall, which is adjacent to the hotel. There us also a Ruby Tuesdays next door.
The hotel does not have an elevator but the stairway is not a problem. It's just lovely all over to be a Best Western.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
gparuchuri, General Manager at Dawson Village Inn, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
thank you,we look forward to serve you much better

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dahlonega, Georgia
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for one night. The room was clean, bed wad comfortable, and breakfast was great! The only problem I had was that the toilet stopped up for no real reason. I went to the front desk to ask about a plunger, and apparently someone else needed it too so they had to go to another room and get it. But after that everything was fine! The staff were very friendly and willing to help

• Stayed October 2013
gparuchuri, General Manager at Dawson Village Inn, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
thank you for stay with us same time i am sorry you had unplesent stay we the staff of dawsonvillageinn/best western will try the possible best to provide service to our valued guests like you we want to creat feeling among our valued guests this is home away from home by providing homely services.We request you to give us another chance to prove what we are talking we will certainely pay attention to your complaint and see they are not repeted in future

again thank you
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Room looked clean till u took off your shoes took a shower before bed and when I walked to bed feet and legs covered in fleas stayed 2 nights for 255 they did take one night off first night was there did not notice any thing came in and went straight to bed next day took a shower and walked into room was attacked by fleas poor husband they loved his hairy legs he has so many bites also window has profanity written on it so glad to be home except for itching

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank armywife202
gparuchuri, General Manager at Dawson Village Inn, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
I am sorry you had bad experience in our hotel,me and my staff work so hard to provde the best possible service to our valued guests,unfortunately in your case we could not for some reason,i request you to provide us another oppertunity to make your stay pleasent.

Douglasville
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Great place to stay when in Dawsonville or Dahlonega. Great value for the money. We have stayed at this hotel for over ten years. We always enjoy the friendly staff and comfortable rooms. Internet capabilities were great. Breakfast was on time and had a good variety of items.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

gparuchuri, General Manager at Dawson Village Inn, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank You Sir, we are looking forward to serve you with higher/same level of service in future visits
Washington
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The rooms were clean, the beds were soft, and the breakfast was delicious. Our group arrived in 2 waves, and the on duty staff was courteous and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others, and will likely stay there again if I am in that area in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

gparuchuri, General Manager at Dawson Village Inn, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
thank you sir we will try as hard as we can to provide the service you deserved again thank you for your support
Chipley, Florida
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I reserved this room that included a pull out couch through Travelocity. Not only did they charge my credit card...again...for the room though the paperwork clearly said it was prepaid, when it came time to get linens for the pull out couch all they had were sheets! This might not have been a problem except that it was a chilly night plus the air had been left on "high cool" for our arrival. The breakfast, however, was exceptional and went way beyond what is typical. This does not make up for sleeping cold and then realizing you have been charged twice!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
I am sorry you had un satisfactory stay with us i appolazise hope you will give us another chance to provide better services and make your stay pleasent.

Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My family stayed for the weekend recently (10/11-10/13). The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. We had a great time at the location. The room was clean upon check in and I was worried because they were completely booked on non-smoking rooms and I have asthma but had to reserve a smoking room. It wasn't that bad though. I came armed with Febreeze and didn't have to use it that much.

Initially I was worried about he pool as when I looked at it, it and the hot tub looked rather dirty the night we checked in and in the morning, but by the evening of the next day, after hiking Amicalola Falls, it was pretty clean so I felt comfortable letting the kids swim and they had a great time.

They also let us bring our rather large dog - he's just at their 80lb limit, and we brought a kennel so that he wouldn't be all over the place, but it saved us on kennel fees for the weekend.

Now onto the issues. Luckily there were few. The table in our room (238) was missing a leg LOL! It was pretty funny and didn't cause us any issues but it was funny all the same. Hubby said he'd never seen a 3 legged table in a hotel room!

The only other issue was that our room was not fully cleaned when we were away. We left to go to the state park around 9:30 am after breakfast Saturday morning (which was great BTW as there was a large selection and decent food). We didn't get back until about 6pm and I know housekeeping was in the room as we had new towels and the trash had been dumped but our beds were not re-made, which was a disappointment. I didn't expect that they wouldn't make the beds while we were away as I thought that was a part of a normal housekeeping job.

But all in all, the hotel was clean, not smelly, had a flat screen and comfortable beds and had the added bonus of an indoor pool and hot tub. Not too bad for under $60 a night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank You we look forward to see you again
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dawsonville
Quality Inn & Suites
#7 of 8 in Dahlonega
The Guest Lodge Gainesville
The Guest Lodge Gainesville
#4 of 13 in Gainesville

Been to Dawson Village Inn? Share your experiences!