“Highly disappointed”
Review of Dawson Village Inn

Dawson Village Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dawsonville
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Room looked clean till u took off your shoes took a shower before bed and when I walked to bed feet and legs covered in fleas stayed 2 nights for 255 they did take one night off first night was there did not notice any thing came in and went straight to bed next day took a shower and walked into room was attacked by fleas poor husband they loved his hairy legs he has so many bites also window has profanity written on it so glad to be home except for itching

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank armywife202
gparuchuri, General Manager at Dawson Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

I am sorry you had bad experience in our hotel,me and my staff work so hard to provde the best possible service to our valued guests,unfortunately in your case we could not for some reason,i request you to provide us another oppertunity to make your stay pleasent.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Great place to stay when in Dawsonville or Dahlonega. Great value for the money. We have stayed at this hotel for over ten years. We always enjoy the friendly staff and comfortable rooms. Internet capabilities were great. Breakfast was on time and had a good variety of items.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
gparuchuri, General Manager at Dawson Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Thank You Sir, we are looking forward to serve you with higher/same level of service in future visits

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The rooms were clean, the beds were soft, and the breakfast was delicious. Our group arrived in 2 waves, and the on duty staff was courteous and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others, and will likely stay there again if I am in that area in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
gparuchuri, General Manager at Dawson Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

thank you sir we will try as hard as we can to provide the service you deserved again thank you for your support

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I reserved this room that included a pull out couch through Travelocity. Not only did they charge my credit card...again...for the room though the paperwork clearly said it was prepaid, when it came time to get linens for the pull out couch all they had were sheets! This might not have been a problem except that it was a chilly night plus the air had been left on "high cool" for our arrival. The breakfast, however, was exceptional and went way beyond what is typical. This does not make up for sleeping cold and then realizing you have been charged twice!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

I am sorry you had un satisfactory stay with us i appolazise hope you will give us another chance to provide better services and make your stay pleasent.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

My family stayed for the weekend recently (10/11-10/13). The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. We had a great time at the location. The room was clean upon check in and I was worried because they were completely booked on non-smoking rooms and I have asthma but had to reserve a smoking room. It wasn't that bad though. I came armed with Febreeze and didn't have to use it that much.

Initially I was worried about he pool as when I looked at it, it and the hot tub looked rather dirty the night we checked in and in the morning, but by the evening of the next day, after hiking Amicalola Falls, it was pretty clean so I felt comfortable letting the kids swim and they had a great time.

They also let us bring our rather large dog - he's just at their 80lb limit, and we brought a kennel so that he wouldn't be all over the place, but it saved us on kennel fees for the weekend.

Now onto the issues. Luckily there were few. The table in our room (238) was missing a leg LOL! It was pretty funny and didn't cause us any issues but it was funny all the same. Hubby said he'd never seen a 3 legged table in a hotel room!

The only other issue was that our room was not fully cleaned when we were away. We left to go to the state park around 9:30 am after breakfast Saturday morning (which was great BTW as there was a large selection and decent food). We didn't get back until about 6pm and I know housekeeping was in the room as we had new towels and the trash had been dumped but our beds were not re-made, which was a disappointment. I didn't expect that they wouldn't make the beds while we were away as I thought that was a part of a normal housekeeping job.

But all in all, the hotel was clean, not smelly, had a flat screen and comfortable beds and had the added bonus of an indoor pool and hot tub. Not too bad for under $60 a night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank You we look forward to see you again

Reviewed October 17, 2013

My teenage daughter and I stayed here for 1 night in October after a hike up to Amicalola Falls. It's a 2 story building w/ room entrance on the inside. The staff was very friendly. Decent free breakfast and nice room w/ king bed and flat screen tv. Everything was clean and I was pleased with our stay. We didn't tour the facilities so not sure what else they have. The only issue (which really wasn't one) was one of the middle outside doors didn't work just right so you had to slide your card several time to get in. Felt very safe with no other building being right next to it;however, there was some new construction right across from the hotel and it was within walking distance to a big shopping center so would have been great if I had been staying longer. Definitely use again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have stayed here two times before. Upon checking in I always check sheets. We had two queen bed one of beds sheets had dirt and hair on it. Called they had to change sheets. Bathroom floor had not been swipe then saw a toe nail clipping on carpet. This motel use to be clean but they are letting it go down hill with being dirty and not fixing it up. RJ /North Carolina

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank mermaid1838
gparuchuri, General Manager at Dawson Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

I am extermely sorry you had bad stay here.I hope you will understand that we had full house and short of house cleaning staff,still managed to provde proper services to our guests of course that is our problem you deserved the best possible service which we failed to deliver,therfore i apologize and glad to offer you 20% discount on your next stay hope you will give us opportunity.

Thanks

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dawsonville
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 12 in Gainesville
Quality Inn Dahlonega
Quality Inn Dahlonega
#7 of 8 in Dahlonega

Been to Dawson Village Inn? Share your experiences!