“BED BUGS!!!”
Review of Dawson Village Inn

Dawson Village Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dawsonville
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Me and my husband stayed here this last week end for mothers day we stayed 2 night only because it was to late to leave! On Saturday (05/11/13) me and my husband we sitting watching Netflix on are ipad when a huge bed bug crawled up the window curtain. It was so big I seen it from the bed. I ran to the front desk to report it and all they did was change room as if they don't spread if it weren't to late I would have just went back home to TN. So far I have called for a full refund and so far im a liar but I have proof being I took pictures of the bug and the blood from my husband being bite!!!! they have not cleaned this room and have lied about doing anything about this problem if I were you id go some were else cause bed bugs can cost thousands if you bring them home!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Angie S
BW11162, General Manager at Dawson Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

I am extermley sorry to note that you had bad experience,as always it our prime resposibility to provde the best possible service to the guest he/she deserved some times we are failed to live up to that level therefore we are seeking another chance to provide the best possible service we want to see you again and see the change that is why we are offering a 30% discount on regular rate when rooms available please call us in advance for reservation and mention GK 1

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Bathroom tile cracked & broken, tub stained. Bedspreads smelled like they've never been cleaned. Carpet was filthy! My kids' white socks were black after walking on the carpet the first 5 minutes. If we hadn't just driven 14hrs and checked in at 10pm with 2 small kids, I would NOT have stayed!! The room next to us had a huge dog who would NOT stop barking. I went to the front desk twice (1am & 2:30am). Night attendant apologized & kindly offered us a refund on our room. Upon check-out the next day, he was gone & girl at front desk knew "nothing about it". Manager refused to give us any credit. Best Western corporate called & pleaded with them to issue us a refund on our credit card. Manager refused. Very low class operation! Would NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Doris A
gparuchuri, General Manager at Dawson Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Sorry we didn't meet your expectation i request you to give us one more chance to show we really care for your stay and try our best

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Booked this hotel because it was the only hotel within 30 minutes of the fall mountain activities with availability less than 24 hours from arrival. I was really worried especially after talking to a friend that worked at the wonderful outlet mall right next door, but my husband and I found this hotel to have everything we needed. Staff was friendly and helpful (but a definite local), room was very clean, air-conditioning worked amazingly! One drawback, thought laying in the bed was comfy, we realized it was deceiving because both of us woke up with a stiff back. Found a great restaurant close by...all in all, hotel not bad for short drive to our destination!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmyM220
gparuchuri, General Manager at Dawson Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you for your comments it was pleasure to serve you we are looking forward to seeing you soon again.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband made a reservation several weeks out through Priceline.com. I called the morning of our stay to see if we could change from a king to a double bed so a family member could join us. To my surprise, they had no record of our reservation - even with a confirmation number. She blamed it on Priceline, stating they “forget to send us the reservation sometimes.” I did, however, believe her and ask if there were any rooms available. She said they had one double queen left that she reserved for us. When we arrived that night, we were again told they had no record of our reservation. And again, they blamed it on Priceline, even after I explained I spoke to someone in the hotel that morning that had ensured our reservation. Furious, I had her call the only available hotel in the area to reserve us a room. It was 20 minutes farther away and more expensive. We were in the area for the Six Gap Century ride, and the additional hour in delay and drive time made for an awful start to our trip. Needless to say, we are very displeased with our experience and will not be returning to this hotel. And we will think twice before using any Best Western.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Maria C
gparuchuri, Manager at Dawson Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Hello! We appologize for your bad experience with your reservations. We are not sure what
happened with your reservation with priceline and we think front desk associate should have
handled it in a professional manner, However we have a new management company and are
making some positive changes throughout our property and would like to welcome you back
at our property and assure you a pleasant stay including reservation process.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Booked online @ Best Western & had no problem with that. Pretty much downhill from there.

This property is in a fairly nice area, yet the lobby had a lock-off security vestibule - felt like I was entering a prison or a hotel in a very bad area. Property is old, has been somewhat rennovated, but still pretty basic. Corridors reeked of cigarette smoke. Breakfast area looked totally unappealing, so much so that we avoided and went to an external restaurant.

I had booked a non-smoking room but was given a smoking room at check-in. When I went back to front desk to have it changed, clerk seemed confused about why I didn't like the room, and was reluctant to change, finally did so. This 2nd room was right type & non-smoking, but had a musty smell. Room otherwise was marginally OK. Some good things - bed was comfortable, room reasonably reasonably quiet, wakeup call worked fine. Some not so good - sink drain was partially plugged, toilet seat can't stay up because of counter design, ice machine & Coke machines empty.

The final ugly was at checkout when they charged a previously undisclosed 'security fee' for the safe we never saw and did not use, but refused to take it off. I had booked this hotel because it was the least poorly reviewed of the ones that had vacancy in the area. I really hate to think how bad the other one would have been after this stay!

If I need to stay in this area again, I would definitely try a different property or drive further to find something nicer.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul_GA

We apologize for your bad experience at our hotel and would like to share that we have a new
management company and are making many positive changes including staff training.
We would like to invite you back and assure a pleasant stay.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed at this hotel Sept. 12-13, 2012 specifically because of the amenities we wanted, being an indoor jacuzzi and indoor pool. Beware that the JACUZZI DOES NOT WORK!! I called ahead and two different employees assured me it worked, so I booked this hotel specifically for this, yet to my dismay, when we arrived, the JACUZZI DOES NOT WORK!! It has a timer for the jets on the wall, BUT THEY NEVER COME ON...we paid extra for this amenity which turned out to be just like a warm bathtub! DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU ARE EXPECTING TO SOAK AND RELAX YOUR MUSCLES IN THE JACUZZI. We were misled about this, but after driving hours away from home, we had no choice but to stay here. Also, the bathroom was filthy! There were hairs on the floor all around the bathtub and the towels were like sandpaper and had black stains on them. Also, there was a strong odor of room deodorizer in the hallways...you could taste it, they sprayed so much to cover cigarette smell. I recommend paying an extra $15 a night and staying elsewhere! I will never stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn M

We are sorry we could not meet your expectation now the hot tub is fixed and back in service you are invited to visit us once again see the difference thank you

Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Room was good sized and clean. We had a dog and wanted nonsmoking. The room was marked nonsmoking and did not smell but was in the middle of smoking rooms so the smell was there as soon as you opened the door. Also although we made the reservation a month in advance and told them we had a dog they put us on the second floor on the middle. Long way to lug 3 bags and a dog crate. But it was an excellent bargain.

• Stayed: September 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dawsonville
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 12 in Gainesville
Quality Inn Dahlonega
Quality Inn Dahlonega
#7 of 8 in Dahlonega

Been to Dawson Village Inn? Share your experiences!