“overnight stay”
Review of Dawson Village Inn

Dawson Village Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dawsonville
Reviewed August 30, 2012

stopped in this hotel about 4 years ago when it was new, so thought it would be a good place to stop again, everything about the hotel including the breakfast is good except the mattress i had, very uncomfortable. next to a shopping mall, large choice of restaurants close by and a couple of big supermarkets, decent free breakfast including waffles.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank johndelta50
gparuchuri, General Manager at Dawson Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank You for review we are looking forward to serve you with more smile and better guest service soon

Reviewed August 29, 2012

My grand niece lives in Dawsonville and this was my second visit and stay at the Best Western. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and their continental breakfast is great. Where else but in Georgia can you get biscuits and gravy for breakfast as part of the breakfast they offer? Conveniently located next to the outlet mall and several restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank You for staying with us we are looking forward to serve you again i appolasise for delay

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on June 23rd in room 105. The hotel is located next to the Premium Outlet Center and not next to a major road. You will not hear traffic noise. The room was clean.
The breakfast room was not clean at all, especially the floor.
They charge you for the safe even if you told them at chech-in you will not use it. I made a remark about that and they payed me back.
There was a sign to inform the guests that the hot tub was not working.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AmarilisVos
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

We appolazaise for inconvenience we promisse we will take care for your next visit.WE @ BESTWESTERN,DAWSONVILLAGE INN,DAWSONVILLE,GA holeheartedly appriciate your business andlooking forward to serve you to your satisfaction.Again thank you so much

Reviewed June 24, 2012

The place looks sketchy from the exterior but since we had a reservation we went in. The inside was pretty clean! The front desk staff was NOT very knowledgeable when checking us in. She couldn't spell my name; which was repeatedly spell to her from me. She was unable to figure out how to have 1 of my rooms be paid with my credit card while another friend was paying for the other room reserved in my name.

The hallways had such an overbearing smell of something like Febreeze. It was actually enough to make you sick so I assume it is being pumped in to cover other smells?

Room was very clean & the beds were comfortable. Noisy halls & heard many people slamming doors shut & walking in the halls all night.

Breakfast was as expected from a hotel that is $60/night. Scrambled eggs are real yet scrambled in a microwave so sort of gross! Nothing too healthy to eat. Mostly pastries, waffles & cereal. Coffee was great.

Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

We sorry we could not impress you to 100% satisfaction to get 5 of 5 with your stay with us in this difficult times however we promisse we will try to meet your expectations and try for 5 of 5 for next visit.We @ BESTWESTERN,DAWSONVILLAGE INN,DAWSONVILLE,GA appriciate your stay with us and thank you so much.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

We have stayed here two other times since 2008 and have always been happy with this hotel. For the money spent ($55) you can't complain.

Pros:
Room was clean
Lobby nice
Location excellent
Breakfast okay
TV Remote cleanable

Cons:
Our room had an overwhelming smell of Pine-sol when we 1st checked in
Room was hot when we 1st checked in
Our wifi was very spotty and eventually I had to go to the lobby to get connected
No coffee served after 10am
TV outdated

1  Thank trailblr
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The hotel has recently been remodeled. I had a first floor room with a king size bed, couch (sofa bed), easy chair, mini frig, safe, coffee maker, blow dryer, etc. The room was spacious and the bed was really comfortable. The hotel is quiet (and I was right next to the lobby), plenty of parking and very convenient in and out. Staff was great. Good location for my trip into the North GA Mountains photographing waterfalls.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
gparuchuri, General Manager at Dawson Village Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

We @ BESTWESTERN/,DAWSONVILLAGE INN work hard in this bad economy to keep our distinguisted guests to provode comfort and reception they deserved.We promise we continue do that no matter what the circumstances are.WE see you again and thank you for good review.

Paul
GM

Reviewed June 17, 2012

DON`T STAY HERE ! RUN ! CAUTION ! KEEP AWAY !
I visited this motel and payed for a weeks stay , being an over the road driver and use to the problems of these places , I usually put a small dot on the sheets to show me if they had been changed or not . Ok , first night , 1 dot , came in on the day 2 and sheets were turned inside out and placed back on bed , this was getting old , called and told the front desk and they said they would take care of it . Day 3 , Sheets were turned again , this time the sheets were turned with the head area to the bottom of bed .Day 3 , placed the 3rd dot on the sheets and and once again turned in a different way when I returned from work . went with the sheets in hand to the front desk and showed them that they had never been changed , i was told that they changed sheets every day , i showed him the dots and told them my story , they had a look of " were have been caught this time " on their faces . Called Best western corporate office and asked for a refund of my remaining money and told them why . I never got anything but that they would check into it and get back in touch with me . Never heard anythjing from anyone , called them again and still nothing . I will never stay at a best western anywhere . crappy hotel and very bad communication from corporate office . please dont stay here , get a cardboard box and styay in , it will be alot cleaner .

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank captain1234
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dawsonville
Quality Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Cumming
Hampton Inn Cumming
#1 of 5 in Cumming
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cumming Georgia

Been to Dawson Village Inn? Share your experiences!