“Good BBQ - service is just OK”
Review of Big D's BBQ

Big D's BBQ
Ranked #1 of 73 Restaurants in Dawsonville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

The BBQ is great. The service is just mediocre. The service is more order oriented and people hide behind the cash register and cook counter. However, hands down, the best BBQ from a gas station I've ever had. Try the Brownie Sandwich - you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

The BBQ was okay. The sides are nothing special. The portions were adequate, but not large. Not a lot of options nearby unless you drive into Cumming.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

The wife loves bbq pork sandwich's but I really don't so when Big D's got a burger on the menu we went. Burger was good but I ordered the volcano but with American not blue cheese, not a fan of blue cheese. My burger came with NO cheese or onions(which I love). However, the burger was real good and a decent size. My wife said it was one of the best bbq pork sandwich's ever, she got it on texas toast not a bun. Fries were ok but the fried green beans and ochre were pretty bad. We understand a lot of places use frozen appetizers but these were pretty bad. They weren't gross just super boring even with salt and dipping in sauce. WE will definitely go again but just get the fries and maybe try one other side.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

But I wouldn't say it was great. I must say that my favorite ribs are baby back, and Big D's does not have them. So I had their St. Louis style ribs. It was meaty, but it didn't seem like there was sauce on them. What I did like was that there were three different sauces to choose from: Memphis, South Carolina, and North Carolina. I wouldn't call the atmosphere charming though. The restaurant was a square room with chairs and tables that looked like they were borrowed from the local high school. The restaurant is attached to the side if a gas station. I know the restaurant won awards for their ribs, and the ribs were good, but I just didn't think they were all that great.

1  Thank Maketrax
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have food allergies, but nothing you would put in bbq, at least I believed that until today. My food allergies are to things like fish, shrimp, hazelnuts, things like that. I looked at the menu and saw no fish on it and I've never in my life have had an issue in eating bbq. No sooner did we leave, I started to feel my face get flushed. In another 10-15 minutes, my face had turned a bright red, my tongue was tingling and I had hives going down my neck. In another 15, I started to have a problem breathing. Needleess to say, if you have any allergies, ask them what the put in their food. I never thought in the last 30 yrs I'd have to ask what they put in their bbq.