“Big Diarrhea's BBQ” 1 of 5 bubbles

Big D's BBQ
Ranked #1 of 71 Restaurants in Dawsonville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Grill
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta, Georgia
“Big Diarrhea's BBQ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I am REreviewing after multiple problems with weekly visits to this horrible place.

Big D's has repeatedly disappointed me with incorrect orders, bad to-go ribs and now DELIBERATE POISONING OF MY BOWELS.

Last week I stopped by for an order of ribs at lunch...to go. I got home and there was little, if any, meat on those tiny bones. What little meat there was had been charred beyond recognition. Completely inedible...it went into the trash and I called Peggy and complained. She offered to replace them on my next visit.

One week later, I went back (yesterday) and gave my receipt to MOD and NICELY explained my story. He complied and brought me a replacement meal at N/C. I ate only half which did not sit very well. I felt horrible all day until the flood of uncontrollabe diarrhea came out.

Big Diarrhea's BBQ is not worthy of a licence to sell food period. Run screaming or you will be running to the porcelain god screaming, "why did I eat that"?!

• Visited August 2013

Olmsted Falls, Ohio
“No hurry to return”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Visited here for the first time when shopping at outlet mall. We passed this place and couldn't wait to try the place with the smoking gun out front! We love supporting local hole in the wall places and bbq in particular! Bbq was just average, nothing special. Husband and teen son got ribs and brisket baskets. Daughter and I got pulled pork sandwiches and shared fries. That little bit of food cost over $40 for a tiny restaurant!! Way too expensive for what you get. Also, we enjoy sitting outside and this place really needs to expand their patio. Your tables (4 total that were full) are right against the parking lot, so cars pull right up to the tables!! This place seemed to be busy, but I don't know why. They really need to clean it up and lower their prices before I would go back. Cue bbq is wayyyy better and less expensive!

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Owens Cross Roads, Alabama
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Wonderful BBQ, potato salad and beans. Good burgers. Ribs fall off the bone and chicken is very tender. They just started serving breakfast,, so was pleasantly surprised at how good it is..

Visited July 2013
Florida
“Blah”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

The ribs here were excellent but I would not go back here. Being in Georgia we were looking for good bbq and pecan pie. They did not even have pecan pie on the menu. They were out of okra and hushpuppies (how can you run out of hushpuppies?). The worse part of this was that there were more flies than a garbage dump. My son was freaking out and it was not enjoyable. I will say again that the ribs are good but I would get them to go if you consider this place. Looks like a pretty good breakfast menu but I wonder where the flies originated.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Awesome BBQ!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We decided to stop here based on Trip Advisor reviews. It did not dissapoint! The cook recommended the "Brownie" sandwich and it was beyond what I was expecting. We also shared an order of very tasty hush puppies. All told, this is a great place and I would be a repeat customer if I lived in the area.

• Visited June 2013