Quality Inn & Suites
  • Pool
Motel Inn(Dahlonega)
The Smith House(Dahlonega)
View Hotel
All reviewsno elevatoroutlet mallroom was cleanthe main highwaythe ground floorsafe areaplace to stayfirst floornorth georgiaovernight stayvisit familydahlonegacheckinhousekeepermiles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had 2 rooms booked for August 3 for 1 nights. We checked in about 3:30 or 4 that afternoon. I had requested that our rooms be near one another. The clerk that checked us in was very friendly and was even able to see where we had requested rooms together. However, she said she was not sure why, but they had one room upstairs and one downstairs. She was not able to move us which was ok, this happens. We dropped our luggage off and didn't return to the hotel until later that night. When I went to turn down the comforter on the bed, I noticed stains all over the sheets. I went to the front desk and was given more sheets and another blanket to put on the bed. I noticed when I put the new sheets on the bed that they still had a few small stains and where pretty ragged. It was late, so I just kept them and didn't go back to the front desk. I travel frequently and I have to say, this has never happened at another hotel before. I do have to give kudos to the staff who were very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
shelbyda, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

We appreciate your review and whole-heartedly agree with you about our staff! They are exceptional, and we're glad to hear that they served you well.

We are very sorry to hear about the problem with your linens. We have updated them since your stay because there were simply too many issues. We are confident that you will find them much improved the next time you stay with us.

Again, thank you for the review and your understanding about the room placement. We try to accomodate guests as much as possible, but sometimes it just doesn't work out.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I try and find economical hotels that are clean and comfortable whenever I visit family in Georgia. This has become my favorite. Nothing fancy, but it is clean and the price is right. The staff was friendly. There are many places to eat in the immediate area.For those that enjoy outlet shopping, there is a large outlet directly across the highway.

Room Tip: No elevator, so if you have troubles going up stairs, request a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank 316Mark
shelbyda, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thanks very much for the great review! We're glad to hear when we've done well, and we hope you feel like family when you're with us.

Great room tip, too. We would love to install an elevator, but it just isn't possible.

We look forward to seeing you again, soon!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Nobody expects a Comfort Inn to be a five-star hotel, so my ratings are based on the class of hotel it is. I stayed there before taking my electric car to the track (Atlanta Motorsports Park, about 15mi away), and I needed to charge overnight to have the maximum range at the track. They were very helpful in letting me charge, and when all the parking spaces near outlets were full the lady at the front desk told me to drive onto the grass so I could charge at another outlet. Not everyone got the memo though, as another employee asked why I was doing that, but it was straightened out.

The room had plenty of space, free wifi, and the beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: If you can't get up the stairs, make sure you get a room on the 1st floor as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
shelbyda, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for the review! We are glad you had an enjoyable stay.

Our overnight front desk staff didn't realize what was happening with your car and was concerned to see a vehicle backing up to the rear entrance during the early morning hours! It isn't often that we have electric cars at the hotel, but we do try to be accommodating.

Even if the lot is full again next time you're here, we'll find a way to get you charged up!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Had a nice stay in a comfortable room! The front desk assisted always with a smile! The only drawback is that there are 2 floors and no elevator! I will definitely ask for a room on the 1st floor next time!!Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the first floor if you don't want to haul luggage up the stairs!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank youbutt
shelbyda, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for the great review! Our staff loves to hear when we've done a good job.

And you are correct about the 2nd floor. If you'll request a 1st floor room during your reservation, we'll do everything we can to make sure it happens.

At the very least our front desk staff is always willing to help carry luggage up and down the stairs!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

John & Kathy were helpful. These room were not cheap even with AAA rates. Decent place to stay. They are pet friendly. Slight issue with keys & phone but readily fixed by management. Shared hotel with construction crews. Breakfast not exceptional I would stick with cereal or coffee & a bagel. This Inn is close to Amicalola falls which is a must do & see.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Valerie D
shelbyda, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you, Valerie, for the review. It seems that you found our hotel merely adequate, and we want to be exceptional, so we certainly appreciate your feedback.

You aren't the only recent guest who found our breakfast mediocre, and we're working on some improvements, so hopefully it'll be delicious when you come back!

We are very glad to hear that our staff was helpful. We like to think of our guests not as customers, but as friends. We hope you feel right at home and comfortable here.

We look forward to serving you again! See you soon.