“Excellent service, nice hotel, CLEAN, looks and smells nice..Overall a very pleasant experience!Keep up the good work AP”

Country Hearth Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Dawson
Reviewed May 22, 2014

A very pleasant experience. AP answered the phone when I called. He really was booked but made arrangements so that I and my crew were comfortable for a night until another room could be had the next day. When I arrived, I was very impressed at the cleanliness and the obvious care AP Patel takes to ensure that his guests are comfortable and did I mention all at a very reasonable price? I've been to a lot of motels in the Southeast US, mostly FL and GA and this is the best for the value. Very clean, not dirty and roach filled like most of this type and the lawn and pool is well manicured. Ritz Carlton it is not, but if you wish a clean room with comfortable beds, accommodations and all at a very reasonable price, then Country Hearth Inn is for you. I will recommend this place. I stayed here even though I was working in Albany for 3 days because this was the best value and was clean and definitely not a 'roach motel' like so many I've stayed at before. Keep up the good work AP and thanks again for your hospitality! I shall be back!

Absolute Computer Services & More, Inc.
Bob

Room Tip: For the best value. A nice quiet, clean (very important to me) and well kept motel at a very reasona...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank AbsoluteComputerSvs

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is probably the best hotel around which says a lot about the other choices. it is family run and not very organized. Pay up front please. We were staying as part of a weeding party and took about 10 rooms. We asked if we could have a late check out and were told no. Finally for a surcharge we were permitted to keep one room to 2:00. But that didn't stop house-keeping from knocking on the door 3 times before we got out. To demonstrate the low price-low value, the coke machine was only 50 cents a can but there was a large sign on it proclaiming NO REFUNDS so it was sort of like being in Vegas. You put your money in and take your chances. The rooms were rather spartan but adequate. there was a minimalist breakfast (no cream for coffee)., there were only two card tables with two chairs each to eat and a sign to not take any food to rooms. There was decent wireless internet but the computer for guests was like a trip into a computer museum. Pros: low cost, secure, slept well, easy check out (pre-paid).

Room Tip: The end rooms have 3 double beds and are just a little more than a room with two doubles.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Secondtimothy
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed here as we were tired, there was only 1 other hotel nearby, and from the outside this looked like the better choice. Now I"m not sure. When I think of budget hotel, I think of one with just the basics and nothing fancy, but still clean with decent linens. Our bed was thin and worn, the blanket was so thin we could see through it, and the bedspread was dingy and had cigarette holes (in a non-smoking room). There was some type of red stain on the sheets and the towels also were quite thin. Needless to say, we did not sleep well and our backs hurt. This place needs some major updating including the carpet which was worn and stained.
This hotel would not be frequented by business people d/t location and lack of meeting rooms, yet surprisingly the breakfast time was : 6 - 9am. Being on vacation and not sleeping well, we missed breakfast so no comment can be made regarding the quality.
No, we will not stay here again.

Room Tip: They are probably all the same.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We have stayed in this motel overnight a few times while traveling home. Always a good experience! Price is right. Friendly staff. Rooms are always clean and include a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer and ironing board. Comfortable beds with clean linen. Exterior is clean and well maintained. Will stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I frequent this Inn as it is one of the few hotels near my families house in Dawson GA. The rooms are average nothing special but the hotel attendants are very nice. This Inn is nice for very short stays. The price of rooms are decent. There needs to be major updating in the rooms and an over haul of new linen added as well. If they fix that this place will be perfect

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel quite a few times. It is clean and well kept, with good amenities. There is in-room refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. There is a pool and continental breakfast in the office -- all at a reasonable price. I have stayed in other hotels in the Dawson area and in Albany -- and I think this one stands out as the best -- in particular because of the friendly staff.

The new management, Amrish and his wife, make all the difference. They have really spruced up the grounds, the office and the rooms, and continue to make improvements. If you need something -- just ask them. At other hotels in the area you will get the usual poor service of hourly employees at the desk -- even in the highest priced facilities. Amrish and his wife are fully invested in the success of their business, and I believe you will not be disappointed. If you give them a try -- you will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I spent a week here on business. The property is well-maintained for the most part and everything -- the room, the grounds and lobby -- were all spotlessly clean. The new managers -- Amrish and his wife and son -- are all trying very, very hard to provide a good room at a decent price.

The linens were above average for a property in this price range. The room furnishings were all in good condition. The included breakfast was average at best for this price range. The pool was clean and well maintained.

The best part was how nice Amrish and his family were. They made us feel at home, which we appreciated.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dawson
Red Roof Inn & Suites Albany
19 mi away
Merry Acres Inn
Merry Acres Inn
#8 of 25 in Albany

Been to Country Hearth Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!