“Great Stay Every time”

Hampton Inn Darien-I-95
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Darien
Reviewed May 25, 2010

My family and I have been frequent guest at this Hampton Inn on I95 for the past 5 years. With the low economy, the rate at a low as $75 definitely pleased us this year. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The best part of the stay are the delicious cookies set out everyday along with the refreshing coffee all day. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great relaxing stay whether for business or leisure.

There are also many restaurants nearby that the staff will gladly recommend to you, and one of the best seafood restaurants ever!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed August 31, 2009

We have stayed at this property around 6 times traveling back and forth between Florida and our previous home in Ohio and now our home in Easley, SC. We have stayed everytime on Hilton Honors points. This stay we arrived at 10:00 pm after staying all day at our resort in Orlando. We came in and just went to bed, getting up at 6:30 am the next day for the complimentary breakfast and heading home.

This is indeed a very tired looking Hampton Inn. The staff are always very friendly but that doesn't make the property any more "modern".
My spouse would have rated this stay poor but I am hoping that the room we had was the exception, rather than the rule. It was late August and the humidity in the South is what it is but it was not particularly humid outside the night of our stay. A rare, late August cold front was in the process of dropping down so the temps and humidity outside were not bad.

This brings me to the rating. The room was a King with a sofa sleeper for the boys. Again, this hotel is very tired looking, the furniture is worn, the carpets are a little bare but the main issue for us was the inside of the room was beyond damp/humid. A dehumidfier would have solved the issue. It seemed as though the A/C was not working properly, in that, while it cooled the room, the room seemed very damp. Keep in mind that the bedding was clean and the king bed very comfortable.

Another indication, of the age of the hotel, is that the majority of the Hamptons (we love the chain and find it to be a great value for our dollar) we have stayed in recently have converted to wall controls for their cooling/heating systems even those that still have a unit located below an outside window. I think that this unit was just worn out.

I would not be shocked to see this property be de-franchised from the Hilton Family of properties if it is not given an extensive remodel. With the current economy, that may not be possible. Again, we have stayed here over a half-dozen times traveling up an down I-95 and this was our first "bad" stay.

Perhaps we should have asked for a different room (room was 221) but the kids were already in bed and the hour was late.

I told my spouse that the fact that we had been at the 4 star Loew's Portifino Bay Resort @ Universal for the previous week may have affected her impressions but that really does not take away from the fact that we had a less than Hampton type stay.

As for recommending this property, no if they got a room that was in the condition that ours was.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank abcjjl
Reviewed August 1, 2008

I recently traveled from Florida on a trip to North Carolina. Due to a late start I had planned to stay at the Hampton Inn in Brunswick Ga and was sent to this Hampton Inn 15 miles North on I-95. I have stayed at Hampton Inn's before and have always found them very clean and comfortable. This place looked dirty the moment you walked in . The room was not kept cool, just a fan running when we entered. After turning the light switch on the light barely turned on. The carpet looked very old and the room did not give the guest a modern feeling. Yes there was Hampton Inn furniture in the room. However, the condition of the room was really bad. The room was way over due for a paint job for example. I cannot stress how bad the room was. It was late at night and my daughter was tired so we stayed. The next morning I could not check out fast enough.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank nike1963
Reviewed March 27, 2008

Hotel is in a great location, clean and staff are nice. However, couldn't help but notice how many times I had to make trips to the front desk on account of getting locked out of my room multiple times, at least once a day. Staff used various excuses like wanting to see when I was checking out, settling my bill when it was already taken care of, and checking the furniture. Also, staff just walked in to recode locks with no knock or warning. Will never stay here and would not recommend to a lone female.

Stayed: March 2008
3  Thank walt12
Reviewed February 3, 2008

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Darien every year for the past 5 years on our way down to Florida. We have always had great service and nice, clean rooms with comfortable beds. An outlet mall is right across the road, along with a Burger King and a Ruby Tuesday. Our most recent stay was in August of 2007 and we will stay there again this August. Love the Hampton Inn!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank DeeCSW
Reviewed January 7, 2008

We have stayed here many times on our annual trip to FL, and have never been disappointed. It is convenient to I95, but just far enough to avoid road noise. A Ruby Tuesday and an outlet mall are within walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rkav
Reviewed December 15, 2007

I am not too sure how people are rating this average or ok! I have stayed at this hotel once a month for the past 2 years for business and I loved it so much that I bring my family down every summer and stop on our way to Florida. By far the best staff and cleanest rooms! Best hotel in town and surrounding areas. If you are traveling by, I HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank HomesforYou
Also consider these accommodations in or near Darien
0 mi away
Best Western Plus Brunswick Inn & Suites
Super 8 Darien
Super 8 Darien
#3 of 5 in Darien

Been to Hampton Inn Darien-I-95? Share your experiences!