“Nice People”

Hampton Inn Darien-I-95
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Darien
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The desk staff here was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. Wi-Fi had a good connection and was very reliable. Hotel is located right off I-95 and near shopping and dining options. During my check in process a woman walked in and said she had stayed in the hotel "a month or so ago" and had left a personal item in the room. I was amazed when the front desk associate walked away and returned 30 seconds later with her property in hand! Needless to say she left a very happy customer. The only negative was when one of the staff walked into my room without knocking. After informing the front desk they apologized again and again, told me that the staff member was going to an unoccupied room and had made a mistake. He immediately offered to comp the room. I declined the comp as I felt that they had handled it in a very professional manner and were genuinely concerned. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn in Darien. It was a pleasant stay, with a nice room. Hampton seems to have poor TV channel choices, unless you enjoy shopping. Also, they seem to have a problem making orange juice, as it is always watery. This Inn was no exception, but I would like to comment that the lady watching over the kitchen at breakfast was a real joy! Unfortunately, the evening person could use some training, as she was a bit abrupt. She also announced that there would be fresh cookies at 730. We returned from dinner a little before 8, and they were long gone. The cookies are a little perk that separates Hampton from the others, and it wouldn't hurt to make another batch when asked. This is what is called "customer service", which is what keeps travelers coming back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Trying to drive home to Florida but baby was tired and so was dad. We always try to find a Hampton because the comfort of bed and the level of customer service can't be beat. This Hampton did not disappoint!! The night clerk was very friendly and helpful! Thx Again :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The family was driving to Florida for vacation. This location happened to be about where we were done for the day. I booked because I frequently use Hampton Inns. The lobby was refreshed, the staff was kind, but when we got to our room, it was definitely not worth it. Don't know if it was just ours, but it was musty. Once the AC was turned on, a little of the stuffiness went away, but the odor was there. It was late, we were tired, so we toughed it out, but I won't be going back there again.

1  Thank Peter F
hampton i, General Manager at Hampton Inn Darien-I-95, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced at our property. The information you've given us is currently being looked into to be resolved.

Thank you again and we hope that you'll consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Checked in at 3am, the bed was comfy Room was great. Breakfast was..........well it was free, the waffle batter was watery and the waffles came out watery and bland. The orange juice was beyond watered down. I love Hampton Inns but I cringe at the eggs they serve for breakfast and I was reminded why

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Nice stay as we traveled to Florida, rooms were clean, beds were comfy, bathrooms were in need of renos. Warm breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs with tiny bits of ham in it, danishes that were mushy, my children could not eat anything from the buffet.

Room Tip: Ask what the warm breakfast consists of, nothing great.