“Very clean and comfortable”

Hampton Inn Darien-I-95
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Darien
Reviewed August 22, 2011

My husband and I stopped for the nght here on our way to Florida on our honeymoon. We arrived late in the day, around 8 pm, very tired and hungry. We had no reservation, but just made getting a room with a king size bed by the skin of our teeth. The manager on duty suggested a nearby resturant , (which was fantastic) and after dinner we returned to Hotel and collapsed , we were exhausted from driving 10 straight hours. Unfourtunately our toilet decided to stop working after midnight.... I didn't tell the person on duty till about 5 am, after my third trip from the third floor, to use the lobby restroom. There was no maintenence person on duty at that early hour, which I understand, and she asked me if I wanted a plunger. Being on my honeymoon, and that being clogged was not the problem with the toilet anyway, I refused the plunger offer. When we came down for breakfast, the manager from the previous night was at the lobby counter so I told him about the bathroom situation and all our trips up and down the elevator to the lobby bathroom. The toilet not functioning was not the hotel's fault, and other then being a little inconvienced , we were very very satisfied with the hotel and it's staff. Much to my surprise, the manager refunded the cost for the room. This was much more then I expected, I only told the manager so that the next person wouldn't have to have the same situation, we were checking out to continue our journey anyway. I was very impressed with how professional the manager was and I feel he deserves to know my husband and I feel that way..... We would stay again in spite of our toilet trouble !!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Laney044

Reviewed July 21, 2011

First, let me say that my rating is based on the value this hotel offers. It is not a luxury suite by any means, but the room was very clean, the front desk staff was very attentive even when we checked in late at night, the breakfast had plenty to offer and it provided a good and quiet night's sleep.
The room was a little small, but we had two queen beds.
We paid less than $80 (tax included) for the night. There are two other Hampton's located off of I-95 (Savannah and Brunswick) both within half an hour of Darien. Both of these Hampton's are over $100/night before taxes. If you are driving through and need a place to sleep for the night in this area, do yourself a favor and choose the Hampton Inn in Darien. A great value for the money.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MikeLVNJ
Reviewed August 11, 2010

We stopped at this Hampton on our way home to FL from vacation in Tn. The staff was super friendly and very nice. The rooms were a little worn - it is an I95 roadside hotel - but clean and comfortable. The breakfast served was so much better then I expected (we had made the mistake of staying at a Holiday Inn Express and all I can say about breakfast was ewww....). The food server person was very nice and helpful, constantly cleaning and refilling everything, the housekeeping staff were friendly and the front desk clerks were all very nice. A nice hotel for a quick stop, I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2010

When we arrived to check in, the service was so terrible, we did not stay. We were staying the night on the way to Hilton Head Island and we wanted to do the Sapelo Island tour early Saturday morning. We arrived around 2 PM, no one in sight, finally a lady showed up after 10 min, we told her we were here to check in, she replied, oh you are early, no we are not. She said I do not know if we have rooms available now. Really?? She was so unprofessional, my husband asked for the GM's name, she stated that that is who she is, we walked out on the spot!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Stayed one night as we where heading to Florida. The rate was very high compared to other hotels in the area. I asked for a AAA rate or any other rate I could get but no such luck. Most of the hotels in that area where about $50.00-$60.00. Room was nice. Our room was on 2nd floor right over all the outside air conditions units. Which made a very sleepless night. Wish I had know this sooner. Checking in the man on duty was very nice and informed us about the free internet and free breakfast.. I asked about a lower price in the morning since many of the hotels in that area where in a lower price bracket but she said what I was quoted was right. Not sure if she knew what we were paying for the room as she did not know our name or ask me what my room number was. We should have just walked out and went next door for a lower price and the hotel was just as nice but I was hoping they would give us a lower price.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2010

always clean, staff always professional and ready to please customers!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed May 25, 2010

My family and I have been frequent guest at this Hampton Inn on I95 for the past 5 years. With the low economy, the rate at a low as $75 definitely pleased us this year. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The best part of the stay are the delicious cookies set out everyday along with the refreshing coffee all day. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great relaxing stay whether for business or leisure.

There are also many restaurants nearby that the staff will gladly recommend to you, and one of the best seafood restaurants ever!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Darien
Days Inn Darien
#5 of 5 in Darien
Comfort Suites Brunswick
Comfort Suites Brunswick
#10 of 36 in Brunswick

Been to Hampton Inn Darien-I-95? Share your experiences!