“You have to try their flounder”

Skipper's Fish Camp
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Darien
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Blountville, Tennessee
“You have to try their flounder”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I have never eaten such a large flounder. Nicely prepared with the flesh cut in bight-sized chunks. If you have room, turn it over and try the flip side. And the southern style sweet potato soufflé is so special! I started with hald a dozen oysters baked with cheese and bacon bits on the shell. It tasted delicious but I have to say the flavor of bacon tends to over-ride the delicate flavor of oyster, but who's complaining! It was great.

Leave room for a huge piece of Key Lime pie at the end.

They have all kinds of sea food and it is all so fresh it is practically wriggling. Keep some left-overs for the small Alligator who lives by the fishing doc.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank EvanLewis

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Local favorite, world class fresh seafood”
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

We drove into a nice friendly clean little fishing village called Darien, Ga, located at the mouth of the purest estuary system on the Atlantic seaboard, the famous Altamaha. We walked into a nice looking establishment, were greeted quickly with a smile and shown to a table overlooking the water. Our waitress was prompt and courteous . My glass was never half empty. The food came quickly and was obviously fresh, all piping hot, or cold in the case of the tasty cole slaw. I chose the whole fried flounder and crab cakes. Both were excellent and as good or maybe even the best I've ever had, and I've had a lot! DO NOT MISS THIS PLACE if you are in the area of Brunswick, Jekyll, or St. Simons . Very very fine, It's an easy 7 minute drive from I95. I'm a transplant to Brunswick recently and this will be our go to place for seafood from now on.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Cjipsy2
ENGLEWOOD
“Great views, great food”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This visit we enjoyed the crab chowder and the scallops wrapped in prochutto (good but chewy, more like Canadian bacon) and a smallish selection of onion rings. The food tasted great. Watching the shrimp boats as well as the other marine activity was very relaxing after a long day behind the wheel.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank EnglewoodDane
Statesboro, Georgia, United States
“Fantastic food and view”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

I have lived in Georgia most of my life and never knew this place existed. All locally caught seafood. Great view! Great food! Can't wait to come back!

1 Thank Clint N
“Best seafood ever!!!”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My husband and I ate at Skipper's tonight. I got the fried shrimp and blackened scallops and he got fried shrimp and blackened mahi. Both entrees were excellent. Plenty food for a great price! Awesome atmosphere. A sure winner in my book! Staff was amazing!!!

• Visited May 2014