“DARIEN FOR THE FLEET BLESSING PARADE”

Skipper's Fish Camp
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Darien
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
MOBILE, AL
“DARIEN FOR THE FLEET BLESSING PARADE”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

After the parade 4/12/14 we were lucky enough to have been taken to Skippers for a lunch with 10
of us. It was a great place overlooking a harbor, but we had so much good food and fun that we didn't actually tour the marina til after. I had the fried oysters - that were not to be believed. We have been in dozens of seafood restaurants between New Orleans and Jacksonville and have something to compare this to. These were the finest oysters anywhere (and I include Apalachicola). Others had shrimp, gumbo (great), grouper strips (excellent) and gator tail (tastes like chicken - but really good chicken). This may be a little out of your way, but try to get there.

Townsend, Georgia
“Keep coming back!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Skipper's Fish Camp is on the water, with a wonderful view of the dock and boats. The dinner menu is very good (with choices other than fried!) and the beer is cold. The staff is efficient and friendly. Highly recommend!

Visited October 2013
Florida
“YUMMY OYSTERS”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My husband and I were returning from a trip to Darlington, SC on Rt17 (trying to avoid I 95). We had eaten at BJ's before so we thought we would go there again. WELL they were closed. It was family day for the employees. It was suggested to us to try Skippers Fish Camp. I ordered the fried oyster platter. They were some of the best oysters I have ever had. They were cooked perfectly. I also ordered Cole slaw and mac n' cheese. They were very good also. The service was very good and friendly. My husband got the seafood platter and he thought it was terrific.
Problem- now there are two good places to eat in Darien, GA.

Pine Mountain, Georgia
“Shrimp baby!!!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

we always eat there when we are in Darien!! love the staff and the excellent food & Key Lime Pie!! Grouper is fantastic and the Bloody Mary's are off the chart...did I mention shrimp, shrimp & more shrimp!!

Visited April 2014
Darien
“Best Shrimp & Steak on the Coast”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The fried shrimp was excellent and who would ever think that you would get one of the finest steaks ever at a seafood restaurant? I did!