$119
Hampton.com
Econo Lodge(Darien)(Great Value!)
$46
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $51/night.

$49
$161
$153
$125
$114
All reviewswine barback porchshrimp boatssweet potato pancakeslarge porchoverlooking the riverrocking chairssea glassskipper's fish campdifferent themeseafood restaurantparking lotgreat bed and breakfasttreasures roomlight breakfastmy favorite placequiet neighborhood
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Friendly owner, JoAnn, greeted us and made us feel at home. The view of the waterfront was beautiful. The rooms were spacious, clean and nicely decorated and the back veranda overlooking the river was so comfortable and relaxing. Home cooked breakfast was delicious and we felt like we were at home. Darien is one of the prettiest towns ever!

Room Tip: All rooms open onto the veranda so all of the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank PenelopeJ186
Reviewed April 10, 2012

This was our second visit to the inn. The first visit was so good and we felt so welcomed we just had to come back. JoAnn and Kelly are great hosts. JoAnne usually bakes something special to enjoy for breakfast and relaxing over coffee with her was most enjoyable. The inn is set up so that you have your own private entrance. The room is spotless and the bed is comfortable. I love sitting on the porch watching the river. I was able to enjoy some much needed quiet time, read a book and just relax. The flowers are beautiful. Shrimp boats, sunrise and sunsets, small town, friendly people, great local restaurants, hanging moss trees, historic squares, wildlife, etc. What more can you ask for? We rode bikes around town and visited Jekyll Island which is about 30 minutes away and when we had to depart, hated to leave. There was also a street festival on the particular Sat we were there with local artists and venders. Everything is in walking distance. The seafood is wonderful. It was Easter so we also attended church before going home. JoAnn has a lot of information on the area and is very helpful. On both visits we met some nice people who were also guests at the inn. I hope to go back again soon;actually tomorrow would be really good.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sue B
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We enjoyed a few nights at the Waterfront Inn where JoAnn was most helpful in suggesting outings of interest, and especially arranging to have a rocking chair available (as my husband is addicted to rockers) on the porch. It's great to come back in the evening and walk to a restaurant nearby - one of which is just a few yards from the porch which overlooks the river/marsh area. We enjoyed the breakfast quiche and meeting others at breakfast - five of us took the Sapelo Island tour which was interesting. if you are interested in an bit of an 'off the beaten path' place to relax with many fascinating places to visit nearby, you'll enjoy the Darien Waterfront Inn.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Darien is a lovely area to explore. We had a delightful visit. The Waterfront Inn is "walking friendly" to all of the historical sites of the city and several good restaurants. We also took the ferry over to Sapelo Island for a tour...fun. Joanne served us tasty breakfasts and good coffee and pleasant conversation. Our room was very clean and comfortable with a large porch for relaxing.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chris g
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I was in Darien to visit family, so I can't claim credit for my discovery of the Darien Waterfront Inn; someone else booked my room, and what a stroke of luck that was for me! JoAnn and Kelly were the ideal B&B hosts for my trip - friendly, helpful, and personable, but not intrusive. I'm not a morning person but JoAnn quickly became my new best friend. She actually bakes (the strawberry bread is fabulous), offers fresh fruit, and on the weekends, she made ham & cheese quiche! I wasn't able to play tourist myself, but other guests appreciated JoAnn's knowledge of the area, the islands, the ferry schedule, and coupons from local restaurants. My room was spacious, very comfortable (great bed), well-equipped (free wi-fi) - and what's not to like about a back porch with deck chairs? I hope to return to Darien for another visit, and I'd love to stay here again - this time, by my own choice!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family