“Bargain in Darien”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Bargain in Darien”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We booked the motel thur AARP and got a very good price. The building has a very nice appearance but the room was a little dated but clean. It has free WI-FI and free breakfast with alot of selections. The gem of this motel is the manager. He was so kind and friendly and gave us alot of information about the area. We will stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
nildip88, Manager at Super 8 Darien, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
thanks for staying with us.on your next trip i will wait to serve you.
thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed December 25, 2011

My daughter and I stopped here for the night to break up our road-trip to Orlando. I wasn't expecting anything real classy, nor did I need it, because we were literally there so I could sleep for a few hours before getting back on the road. I paid $65. The bed had a plastic cover on the box spring that was literally yellow with age. The room was dusty and the smelled stale, and the bed wasn't comfortable. It really was worth about $25, and had I paid that, I wouldn't have any complaints. We stayed less than 5 hours and then left - and I feel sick about the money I spent.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank AlabamaTheatrePR

Travelers are raving about these Darien hotels

East Islip, New York
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Hope the hotel is not full because of this review next time I pass.

Room Tip: I had been on the road from NY for three days. I picked up an good friend in Raleigh NC. To aid in t...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Daytona Bch, FL
Reviewed November 9, 2011

As a traveler you have certain expectations for your stay and at this Motel I was not disappointed. The staff was friendly and helped out on a excellent dinner tip which we really enjoyed. The rooms are clean with good beds which is important since we are afterall there to get some sleep and continue on. The breakfast was set up really nice with a good variety of essentials and a bonus of being able to make fresh waffles. The Manager was there to greet everyone in the morning and was very friendly as he tried to conversate with everyone and make sure their stay was satisfactory. Read some of these other reviews and not sure if they are very accurate. I have stayed at this hotel twice now and both rooms were accomadating with no problems.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Kernersville, North Carolina
Reviewed October 29, 2011

We use Super 8 just for overnight accommodations when we are driving long distance due to the comparatively economical room rates. Our expectations are for plain, basic accommodations. We're there to catch some sleep, grab some some breakfast and head on down the highway. Seldom do we find a Super 8 that has brand new furnishings, linens or towels and accommodations are somewhat "worn". That is what we found here. A/C worked. Carpet appeared clean. Cleanliness of room was okay. Night clerk was friendly. Neil, the GM, cooked our waffles for us in the morning, and was very friendly. Location of motel is very close to Darien outlet mall.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PapayaBaby
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Our car needed repaired so we stayed here. The air conditioning only worked a little and the commode would not flush properly and the worst was going around the building and seeing the NASTY GREEN POOL. If you don't want the upkeep then do not have it. Very disgusting to say the least. Oh and tried to make polite conversation with the night time clerk was like pulling teeth!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank black_bear_hunting
nildip88, Manager at Super 8 Darien, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thank you for selecting Super 8, Darien Georgia for your stay. We are sorry for the trouble you had during your stay with us. I will make sure that your next visit will be comfortable and enjoyable, and if not, please let us know while you are still at the hotel, rather than waiting until you leave, so we can make things right..
Crawford, Ga.
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I am a charter bus driver. I had a group to go out on one of the islands around Darien.
Called around and found Super 8 to suit my needs while they were there for two days. they had a lot large enough for my bus. There were enough places to eat within walking
distencethat I didn't have to move the bus at all. There is even a shopping center across the street if you wont to shop. The manager was very kind and helpful. It is just right for someone that just wonts to relax while waiting.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Crawford_Ga_Lady
Also consider these accommodations in or near Darien
Days Inn Darien
Ramada Inn Brunswick
Ramada Inn Brunswick
#19 of 36 in Brunswick
La Quinta Inn & Suites Brunswick

Been to Super 8 Darien? Share your experiences!