“Will not be staying at this SUPER 8 Again”
Review of Super 8 Darien

Super 8 Darien
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Darien
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kissimmee, Florida
“Will not be staying at this SUPER 8 Again”
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Our car needed repaired so we stayed here. The air conditioning only worked a little and the commode would not flush properly and the worst was going around the building and seeing the NASTY GREEN POOL. If you don't want the upkeep then do not have it. Very disgusting to say the least. Oh and tried to make polite conversation with the night time clerk was like pulling teeth!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank black_bear_hunting
nildip88, Manager at Super 8 Darien, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thank you for selecting Super 8, Darien Georgia for your stay. We are sorry for the trouble you had during your stay with us. I will make sure that your next visit will be comfortable and enjoyable, and if not, please let us know while you are still at the hotel, rather than waiting until you leave, so we can make things right..

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Crawford, Ga.
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I am a charter bus driver. I had a group to go out on one of the islands around Darien.
Called around and found Super 8 to suit my needs while they were there for two days. they had a lot large enough for my bus. There were enough places to eat within walking
distencethat I didn't have to move the bus at all. There is even a shopping center across the street if you wont to shop. The manager was very kind and helpful. It is just right for someone that just wonts to relax while waiting.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Crawford_Ga_Lady
Chicago
Reviewed May 2, 2009

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.The continental breakfast was great and the staff was very helpful with giving directions, and other helpful information.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
nildip88, Manager at Super 8 Darien, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
thanks for staying with us.hope to see you on your next trip.
charlotte nc
Reviewed February 15, 2008

As per the last review.. Front desk staff was very slow .. not very pleasant...2ND...the room was awful..... smelled bad... not very clean and the scary thing is was very blatant...... crumbs & trash under the edges of the bed...Dirty coffee pot.... hair & cobwebs in the bathroom JUST NASTY....the smell was so bad I had to bring my air freshener from my auto........ THERE ARE 2 OTHER PLACES NEARBY.... THATS WHERE WE'LL GO NEXT TIME

Stayed January 2008
2 Thank valbo1958

Travelers are raving about these Darien hotels

North Carolina
Reviewed November 5, 2007

I realize this is a cheap interstate hotel, but I have stayed in Super
8's before that were much more clean. The furniture was sticky. When I moved the bed over against the wall to keep my toddler from rolling out, there was a dirty washcloth wadded up against the wall along with
other debris left behind (candy wrappers, etc..) The carpet was so dirty it turned our socks black. I expect a certain amount of disappointment from cheap places, but the next night we stayed in an Econo Lodge that was less expensive and much nicer. I would say if you're looking for a cheap roadside stop, go to the next exit if you can.

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank andrewseliz
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 16, 2004

We needed a rest/sleep spot on our driving trip from PA to FL and chose this motel in Darien. We had planned to stop here and booked it ahead of time.

It's a typical Super 8 Motel.

Front desk receptionist wasn't exactly friendly. Very short with us... basically took our money, handed us the keys and sent us on our way.

Room was fairly clean, although smoke detector battery was dying and beeping when we arrived in our room... the maintenance staff (of one person) was quick to come and replace the battery though.

The shower drain clogged up after my husband and I showered the next morning and was filled with about 6 inches of water. The bathroom wasn't exactly clean... had some cobwebs in corners.

There were other motels nearby (Days Inn, Hampton) and we'll probably end up spending an extra 30 dollars and staying at one of those the next time.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Darien
Days Inn Darien
#13 of 36 in Brunswick
Hampton Inn Darien-I-95
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brunswick North
Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95

Been to Super 8 Darien? Share your experiences!