“great hotel”
Review of Quality Inn

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Darien
Reviewed September 18, 2010

The desk clerk Chuck was great and fast checking us in. he has a great sence of humor. rooms were nice and larger then the other hotel we saw at this exit and the staff was all smile and very friendly when we got up in the am.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 22, 2010

Our hotel room smelled moldy. After complaining at the front desk about the smell, I was told that the hotel is under construction. There was no air conditioning in the lobby area, which was also attributed to the planned construction. They do NOT have an elevator for the second floor. The corridors look dated, there are lots of black streak marks on the walls, the carpets were not really clean. The pool area needs a thorough cleaning as well, there were black areas along the walls, weed growing and all the white pool furniture had turned gray.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Stayed one here one night. New and clean. Had a pool which I did not use. Clean and nice room. There is a Ruby Tuesday near to the Hotel. Helpful front desk. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RalphNewJersey
Reviewed April 15, 2010

The reviews for this place sounded like it was more than what it actually is...an older motel in need remodeling and cleaning! The sink was in the main area outside the bathroom, and the room itself was crowded and dark. Heavy, bulky furniture took up most of the room. We were disappointed in the breakfast, as it is only from 6A to 9A and is promptly and I mean promptly, packed up! We were traveling with a 2 year old and a 5 year old and to get them up, ourselves dressed and out the door to eat was hectic! Wish they allowed more time for breakfast but it seems to be the trend these days to allow only 3 hours. I didn't find any of the staff to be extraordinarily friendly either. In fact,
I observed the breakfast lady's interaction with a "late to breakfast" family...not very accommodating and in fact while she had food on the trolley, she told them where they might find a restaurant in the area serving breakfast! All in all, I don't feel I would like to stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2010

This hotel would be topnotch if they would put on a better breakfast and find a better room for it. This is your last impression of the place and it's an awful one. The breakfast our morning was in a word, sour. It's not that much, really, to have fresh juice and milk and waffle mix, but everything tasted rotten. Even the spouse of indiscriminate palate thought so. The room is cramped and there were the usual people camped out reading who should have moved on, but Comfort Inn ought to move this into roomier space anyway. Other than that the rooms are great, nice beds, good pillows. I found it to be pretty quiet. I could hear people in the halls but not next door. Stay, but don't eat.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2009

I recently stayed at this Comfort Inn with my daughter and three children on our way to FL. It was perfectly pleasant and clean. Chuck was great checking us in and gave us a room with three queen sized beds which worked out well. Nothing special but a suitable place to stop without any worries. We will probably stay there again next year on our way down.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank kirto
Reviewed June 23, 2009

I stayed at the Darien Ga. Comfort inn and was completly satisfied you the results of the hotel. The staff was very helpful and pleasent. After being in the car for 13 hours it was a pleasure to stop at this hotel the desk clerk that checked me in was very pleasent. Chuck made me feel like I was at home and made me forget the traffic problems of the day. The room was very nice and clean at it also was a pleasure to find a pool that was open and not under repairs. The breakfast was nice, to much to eat all the food and the price for the hotel was reasonable. I looked at the other hotels in the area but the'res didn't look inviting like comfort inn but then if you want cheap you get cheap.

Jeff

1  Thank chb_50
Also consider these accommodations in or near Darien
Days Inn Darien
#5 of 5 in Darien
Best Western Plus Brunswick Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Brunswick
#28 of 36 in Brunswick

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!