“won't stay here again!”
Review of Quality Inn

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Darien
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

made a reservation using the app that is connected to this brand of hotel got in and had actually two reservations. since I was tired and I made the reservation right outside of the hotel, and it was after six o'clock when I made the reservation, the young lady at the front desk told me that she would not be able to cancel the duplicate reservation without getting corporate involved. that was my first frustration. since I have a choice rewards program card I thought it would be better service...not, got a room that smells like urine, and also have a Jacuzzi but it had a out of order sign plastered in it.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Rock R

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Room was clean, but a little small. There was a table and chairs but not usable bacause of the space. The free breakfast was very good. Front desk was very pleasant and helpful. Tap water does not taste good.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

In the area for a party and the host had blocked off several rooms for us to stay. Everyone was nice at the front desk as well as the cleaning crew, but there was some kind of smell on the second floor and into our room...kind of musky. It's hard to explain the funk. After turning on the AC it went away or we got used to it. The next day they had air movers in the hall, so I guess they had some sort of leak. Had a roach or two in the room as well and they didn't offer to pitch in on the cost of the room. Overall, just your average place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank psand22
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We have been staying at this Comfort Inn, on our way to Florida, for the past 8 years.(at least twice a year). Because of the friendliness & cleaness of this Hotel, we are Comfort Inn customers where ever we travel. Over the years they have continued to make improvements or upgrades to make your stay more comfortable. We love the pillows!!!!
The breakfast area is a little tight when the hotel is full, but the breakfast is very well done & offers a nice variety of breakfast items. Cozy TV room adds to the charm of your stay plus free wi-fi. Chuck, GM is very friendly & open to suggestions. He seems to truly want you to have a good stay & "Come back soon." I was a Hotel mystery shopper for 5 Star & down for a couple of years & this Hotel would pass with flying colors! Do plan to stay here and you won't be disappointed....

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We lost power, I understand that happens with bad storms, but we were not offered any sort of discount and when we wanted to check out to go to a hotel with power {We had 2 children with us that were incredibly bored} they would not refund our money because the power outage was due to mother nature. We went to Brunswick to the Best Western and I was telling them what happened, they felt so bad that they gave us a discount!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Coming back from Florida & needed a place to stay since we were going to our Daughter's in Macon, Georgia the next day. The room was clean & very quiet. Recommended a good restaurant in the area. Chuck at the front desk was very friendly & helpful. The breakfast room was small but not very many people there that day. The lady working breakfast was very nice & made us all laugh. If in the area would stay again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2013

If you're looking for 5 star quality, you're probably not looking at this chain to begin with, not to mention going to Darien, Georgia. That written, this motel fared better than I had expected.

Be forewarned - if you're expecting to enjoy a leisurely complimentary breakfast, this motel has 66 rooms and 4 tables. It's across from an outlet mall, and bargain hunters flock to complimentary breakfasts. We didn't bother with the breakfast, choosing the McDonald's not too far away. There are other choices as well.

The front desk staff is VERY friendly. While I was a little put off to find the front desk clerk outside, sitting on a luggage cart and smoking, she was very friendly, got up right away, and found my reservation and had us checked in quickly. You have to ask for a second key if you need two. The night person was also very friendly. They'll make change for the soda machine for you. THUMBS UP - a 20 oz Coke product only cost $1.50 here!!

The luggage carts were small but serviceable. Actually, considering the cost, I was surprised to find luggage carts at all. You get the free WiFi password at check-in. There's a little lounge off the tiny lobby with a TV and chairs. It was playing Leave It To Beaver when we checked in.

Room - It passed the bug inspection. The mattress pad was stained, but the mattress was in good repair. The sheets appeared clean - no hairs or stains. The room was clean to the eye - I didn't run my finger over the pictures or anything to check for deeper cleanliness.

The sink is outside the toilet/bath area. It was badly cracked and poorly mended, but it worked and didn't seem to leak. The carpet has seen better days.

Walking around the room, I discovered that the carpet around the HVAC unit was soaking wet, which helped explain the musty odor in the room. This room had a common problem - the window curtain is too long and gets caught by the air from the HVAC. This forces the air downward, which I suspect leads to condensation on the carpet. It also causes any dirt or mold trapped in the curtain to circulate throughout the room, as well as making the HVAC unit inefficient at heating or cooling. I folded the luggage rack and propped it on the HVAC, trapping the curtain and freeing the airflow.

Furniture is old and scratched, but there's an in-room safe and a nice flatscreen TV, as well as complimentary coffee service.

The most striking thing about the room is the number of lamps. It looks like it was updated to move from wall sconces to table lamps, but the wall sconces are still there! In all there were 8 lamps, but only 4 or 5 worked.

The bathroom was mostly clean. There was dust and dirt buildup in the corners, but the toilet and tub were visibly clean. I don't do a Melchiorre and run toilet paper under the rim. Towels are standard budget motel issue, and had no visible hairs or stains on them.

If you want a nice, clean, friendly place to sleep and shower, this is a great choice.

Room Tip: Ice machine on first floor is REALLY loud. Try to stay in the middle of the hall to avoid it and an...