“Southern Comfort” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Darien
Spring Hill, Florida
“Southern Comfort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I were returning home to Florida from a visit with relatives in Virginia and needed a place in between so we wouldn't have to drive non-stop. We checked on line two days before our scheduled stop and found the Comfort Inn in Darien, GA. I called the phone number to make sure they would take pets and talked to a man named Chuck. Chuck was very friendly and he was able to book a room for the day we needed. We checked into a large, clean room on the first floor. This was probably the quietest hotel we ever stayed at. We heard no noises from upstairs, the adjacent rooms, or the hallway and we were very close to the back door. Even the bed was firm and comfortable. There was a nice buffet breakfast with hot and cold food. Every one of the staff we met during our visit was hospitable and helpful. They loved our little dog. If we get a chance to stop in Darien again we will choose the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stopped at this Comfort Inn while traveling I95 with four kids and a dog. The staff was extremely, friendly, helpful and accomodating, providing adjoining rooms on the first floor and near the exit (for walking the dog). The rooms showed some age but were clean and comfortable. The free breakfast included the usual selection of cereal, breakfast breads and make-it-yourself waffles - more than adequate. And the price was right. Check in and check out was a breeze. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sharpsburg, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn for a night in preparation to board the ferry for Sapelo Island the next morning. The inn provided comfortable and clean accommodations. The check in and check out processes were very easy. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, too. The evening desk clerk was able to recommend a restaurant and she was right on with what we wanted for a meal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank C-02
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

This hotel is unfortunately one of about three off exit 49 in Darien. Since I must travel here for business, I have few options. One might THINK to stay at the Hampton simply because of the brand reputation, but I dread coming here.
The hotel is very old and needs renovation. The breakfast area is "under beautification" currently, but this should have been the last place they started. The carpets, as mentioned by other folks, is disgusting thoughout the common areas and guest rooms. The sinks are at about mid-thigh level, making it very uncomfortable. I wear my flip flops in the shower because the tub has a black ring arounf the bottom. No microwaves here. Really? I couldn't care less about free cookies, I would just expect outstanding service from a low traffic hotel. Not the case here. The desk clerk, who I have seen several times, is not concerned about providing customer service. In fact, every time we come in, he is in the breakfast area watching tv or on a laptop. He made my reservation for other team members a nightmare, knowing full well that I am a diamond member. I don't get it. The rates are at or near those of Hampton Inn's across the south. But this hotel is not worth half the price. Reading the reviews of the other two hotels here, it doesn't look like things are much better elsewhere. If you're stopping for the night, it will serve the purpose. If you stay here for business, Hampton needs to get it together both from a quality perspective and guest service. Good luck.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank df999

Travelers are raving about these Darien hotels

Clemmons, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Do yourself a favor.....do not stop in Darien......we stopped when we were on our way to Florida off of I-95. The place was run down.....old......needed to be updated.........this place if a very depressed area........the breakfast room has 4 tables for the entire place.......we had to wait to eat.........I have to say it was clean.....but that is alll it has going for it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank conelady
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Desk clerk and manager were friendly and professional. The room was perfectly clean and comfortable. There was a small fridge and microwave and a large flat-screen TV. There is a room safe, but a charge for using it. I would recommend this hotel if you need a place to stay that is convenient to I-95 and Sapelo Island. The breakfast was good. There was no fitness center although the hotel does have a seasonal outdoor pool.

Room Tip: Quiet location.. All rooms should be good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Darien was a convenient stopping point on a recent trip out of Florida. All we were looking for was a clean, quiet place to spend the night at a reasonable price. This place filled that need adequately.

The facility is older and shows its age, although we found our room to be clean and accommodating. It is not "sparkling" or "fresh", but we noticed no odors or stains in our room. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet.

Service was noticeably good. The lady at the counter was both friendly and professional, making us feel welcome and getting us into our room quickly. The manager greeted us at breakfast the next morning, making sure that we were satisfied and well fed.

The continental breakfast was average, though they could clearly use more space to seat more guests.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you are just looking for a quick stopover on I-95.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Robert R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Darien
Days Inn Darien
#5 of 5 in Darien
BEST WESTERN PLUS Brunswick Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Brunswick
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brunswick North

Been to Comfort Inn Darien? Share your experiences!