“good place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Darien
Danville, New Hampshire, United States
“good place to stay”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Good place to stay on our way to florida stayed with my 16 yo nephew and twin 2 yo. Room was clean and functional and porta cribs were available. One complaint though, WHY? Why offer porta cribs for your guests but not have sheets available for them??????

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
St Augustine
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed here a couple of nights on business. Nice comfort inn and good price
Located right off I95 at exit 49
typical comfort inn - clean room, wireless worked great, and people were nice
Breakfast area very small and gets crowded in the mornings but had the typical food and it was just fine. Great value

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank wrecktek
Boca Raton, FL
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My car broke down and had to spend 2 nights at this Comfort Inn in Darien, GA The location is right off the highway. Everything was clean and comfortable and everyone was very nice. If you are looking to stop for a night and you are in the area I would recommend staying there.

Jack Robinson
Boca Raton, FL

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have to start this review with an apology. I should have placed a review since Dec. 2011 and completely forgot. I had the pleasure of staying at the Comfort Inn in Darien, GA again this past weekend, and it made me remember the great time I had there in Dec of 2011. In Decemeber my church family took a trip to Darien for a program. We coodinated our trip with Chuck of Comfort Inn. I can not tell you how great he was and an absolute pleasure to work with. Our stay was organized and the staff was great to us, We had 18 rooms and about 40 people. They treated us like royalty and were very attentive to our needs. On one night, one of our member ran out of oxygen, Chuck ran to our aid, and helped us get in touch with a respiratory company. So this weekend when I needed a hotel, there was no guessing where I would stay. Again Chuck was there. He remembered my group, and was a great host again. My church is coming back to GA in December. Can you guess where everyone wants to stay - COMFORT INN. I sure hope Chuck is still there

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Vanessa J
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I was travelling alone with my small daughter and looking for a hotel to stay that looked safe. After passing through Savannah and Richmond Hill, I had decided to try to just drive through to Coco Beach. Then I stopped in Darien for gas. We liked the looks of the little mall, and had dinner at Ruby Tuesdays. The Comfort Inn looked like exactly what we needed. After walking in and talking to Stephanie, I knew it was. She made sure I got the best price available and talked to me like I was family. Then, when Marie came in, we were introduced and she was just as sweet. We felt immediately at home in this little hotel. You can tell the hotel is older and needs some updating, but the quality of service made it worth every penny. You should realize how lucky you are to have employees like these two ladies.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

After comparing the hotels at this exit, we chose this one as it is the top rated. Upon arriving in our room we were very disappointed. The carpet needs cleaning and updating. Our white socks were black and in some areas the carpet was worn so thin, we could see sub-floor. The beds were average but the old style comforter just doesn't feel clean. In the morning the breakfast was below mediocre and we decided to go out to breakfast. The eating area is very small with only 4 tables to accommodate all the guests. We'd plan to start late this day and swim a bit, but the pool water was dingy and 'thick' looking- we decided against it.
Finally when showering to get on with our day, the exhaust in the bathroom did not working steaming and then leaving moisture on everything in the bathroom.

We might stay here again, but we'd more than likely push through to Pooler/Savannah.

• Stayed July 2012
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stopped at this Comfort Inn on both outbound and return legs to Charlotte, NC. Very convenient location and Great seafood restaurants in town. The motel is fine, but the service personnel were EXCELLENT! I had a reservation on Hotels.com that didn't show up on their computer; the PM Front Desk (Marie Collins) spent time and effort to clear the problem, make my reservation and confirm that Hotels.com would not charge twice for the room. Marie really went out of her way to help me-A+! On the return, Stephanie Pachmayer, PM Front Desk, was courteous and helpful also, made good food recommendations, and also gave me Marie's name so that I could commend her. Kudos to both and to the owners who hired these ladies to work in Darien. I will return!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Robert M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Darien
Days Inn Darien
#5 of 5 in Darien
Hampton Inn & Suites Brunswick
La Quinta Inn & Suites Brunswick
Best Western Plus Brunswick Inn & Suites

Been to Comfort Inn Darien? Share your experiences!