“food was good, but not amazing.”

B & J's Steaks and Seafood
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Darien
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Takeout
Villisca, Iowa
“food was good, but not amazing.”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I went to B&J's when I was staying in Darien. the food was good (great chicken) but nothing to write home about. I had the buffet, but I noticed that the portions are very large when ordering off the menu. servers were nice, but the place could use some fixing up.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Don't Miss the Seafood Buffet on Friday Nights!”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The most delicious fried shrimp ever! The atmosphere is simple and fun (but nothing fancy at all). The servers did a great job. Be prepared to wait for a table.

Woodstock, Georgia
“Plain Good Food”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Good ol' home cooking that can't be beat. Seafood is fresh and you must try the shrimp or your visit won't be complete. Don't let the outside appearance stop you from eating here.

Newnan, Georgia
“Almost too good”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I bought some shrimp from a shrimp boat captain. He told me that he sells a lot to B&J's and that I should eat there before leaving town. Not a fancy place but really comfortable. I had a cold beer and the seafood buffet. Both my wife and myself were so full we could barely make room for the bananna cream pudding (incredible). If you really want to test your self control this is the place to do it, we lost our battle... The low country boil shrimp was my favorite. They had fried catfish, fried scallops, fried shrimp, crab bites, crab souffle, beef, baked fish, homemade mac-n-cheese, grits, green beans, chhese biscuits, great desserts, and more. The salad bar was so-so but everything else more than made up for it. The staff was also very friendly and prompt.

Savannah, Georgia
“Best seafood in GA!”
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Even tho it was a hole in the wall place.....Food was great! Everything tasted fresh and there was always plenty of food at the buffet. Everything i put on my plate was good!