Open Gates B&B
Quality Inn(Brunswick)
$71
QualityInn
$48
All reviewscrepesgarden roombed and breakfastbluebird roomeggs benedictold housefront porchwithin walking distancehouse is beautifulgreat chefdelicious breakfastfort king georgeneat placegreat linenssleepy townoutstanding foodowner chef
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Such a beautiful place and our hosts were just delightful from the moment we got there to the very end. Any needs we had were taken care of immediately. Breakfast was delicious and the bed I slept in was absolutely amazing! I mean seriously, AMAZING! I didn't want to get out of it! Highly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: Upstairs 2nd room on the right!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We book the whole house for a family reunion and had the best time. The house is 150 years old but was decorated very nicely. The place was exceptionally clean. The hosts Zack and Carrie were the best. They catered to our every need with fresh cookies at 3PM and wine.
We will definitely book this place again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank tara24_10
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed at Open Gates back in August 2013 & were very pleased to meet the new owners Carrie & Zach,we were very impressed with them & the home.Our room had the most comfortable bed we had ever slept on while traveling.Earlier this month(nov 2013) we again visited open gates & were extremly impressesd once again.Zach's breakfeasts are to die for,while Carrie is very informative on the area & places of interest around the b&b.We couldn't help but notice the improvements that had been made in a few short months.We are planning anothe trip to the b&b early next year & can't wait to see any changes that are made,and enjoy the fablous breakfeasts.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was on the fence about staying in a BB but we ended up finding this one and did it. We thought if we didn't like it after a night we could stay at a regular hotel the next night... That however ended up not being the case because we LOVED it!!! From the minute we got there we were greeted by the owners who were a delight and very informative about the sights near by. I'm a history buff and love seeing old sights and they directed me to things I would not have been able to find on my own. The owner herself took us to the neatest small church I have ever seen. The owner who cooks is a 5 star chef in my opinion.... I am actually craving his crab cakes as I write this!!!! Our room was extremely comfortable and clean As well as the rest of the house!! This will be our place every year!!! We just loved it!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Could not ask for better hosts and fabulous home! If I could take the Magnolia room bed home with me, I would. Loved it so much, I came back a second weekend to finish writing my forthcoming book. Breakfast is suited for a King (or in my case, a Queen). Delectable. Sweet, homemade treats are always within reach along with great warmth and comfort. The house breathes peace in every room. VERY clean. Love it so much, we are planning our Christmas with Open Gates as a pass through to Florida. A gem in such a quaint, historical, coastal town. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: First Room at top of stairs to right!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business