“Just Perfect!!!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Darien B&B and Inns
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Just Perfect!!!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

New ownership has brought new energy into this amazing B&B on the square in beautiful downtown Darien! What a gorgeous setting on the grassy square surrounded by several old historic churches and period residences.This lovely old inn is within easy walking distance to the restaurants in town and offers a night's stay for those travelling up or down I95 that takes you off the highway and into the lovely Georgia waterfront town of Darien with a picturesque array of shrimp boats and a relaxing friendly environment. Five minutes from busy I95 and you are transported to another world. Nearby restaurants within easy walking distance offer everything from freshly fried local shrimp and flounder to world class Euro style cuisine. We love B&B's and have stayed in them all over the US and Europe. It is hard to find rooms in them that offer a king sized bed and this inn has several rooms with kings. We booked on very short notice from the highway and Zach was so accommodating. What an interesting young couple who are infinitely capable and are so eager to please. Owner Zach has culinary training and offers a wonderful breakfast, plus he is great company. I slept like a baby in that beautiful king sized bed!!! Old reviews that drag this inn's rating down are written by visitors who visited this inn during the tenure of the previous owners. Do not be deterred. We loved our recent stay in this inn and the picturesque little town of Darien. We will return again and again.

Room Tip: King sized beds in at least three of the rooms! Two upstairs rooms do have a shared bath and the one...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Salt Water Diva

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Duluth, Georgia
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Such a beautiful place and our hosts were just delightful from the moment we got there to the very end. Any needs we had were taken care of immediately. Breakfast was delicious and the bed I slept in was absolutely amazing! I mean seriously, AMAZING! I didn't want to get out of it! Highly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: Upstairs 2nd room on the right!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We book the whole house for a family reunion and had the best time. The house is 150 years old but was decorated very nicely. The place was exceptionally clean. The hosts Zack and Carrie were the best. They catered to our every need with fresh cookies at 3PM and wine.
We will definitely book this place again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank tara24_10
Winder, Georgia
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed at Open Gates back in August 2013 & were very pleased to meet the new owners Carrie & Zach,we were very impressed with them & the home.Our room had the most comfortable bed we had ever slept on while traveling.Earlier this month(nov 2013) we again visited open gates & were extremly impressesd once again.Zach's breakfeasts are to die for,while Carrie is very informative on the area & places of interest around the b&b.We couldn't help but notice the improvements that had been made in a few short months.We are planning anothe trip to the b&b early next year & can't wait to see any changes that are made,and enjoy the fablous breakfeasts.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Davie, Florida
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was on the fence about staying in a BB but we ended up finding this one and did it. We thought if we didn't like it after a night we could stay at a regular hotel the next night... That however ended up not being the case because we LOVED it!!! From the minute we got there we were greeted by the owners who were a delight and very informative about the sights near by. I'm a history buff and love seeing old sights and they directed me to things I would not have been able to find on my own. The owner herself took us to the neatest small church I have ever seen. The owner who cooks is a 5 star chef in my opinion.... I am actually craving his crab cakes as I write this!!!! Our room was extremely comfortable and clean As well as the rest of the house!! This will be our place every year!!! We just loved it!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Could not ask for better hosts and fabulous home! If I could take the Magnolia room bed home with me, I would. Loved it so much, I came back a second weekend to finish writing my forthcoming book. Breakfast is suited for a King (or in my case, a Queen). Delectable. Sweet, homemade treats are always within reach along with great warmth and comfort. The house breathes peace in every room. VERY clean. Love it so much, we are planning our Christmas with Open Gates as a pass through to Florida. A gem in such a quaint, historical, coastal town. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: First Room at top of stairs to right!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank monica m
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Exhausted from Thanksgiving travel, my husband and I stopped off in this sleepy town which was only 4 hours from our destination in Orlando. We were greeted by friendly innkeepers, who treated us like family from the minute we walked in. The room was very clean and decorated nicely. There was not a tv in our room, but we were so tired we did not care. Carrie made sure we had snacks for the night and we woke up to a wonderful gourmet breakfast. We had to get on the road early, but will visit open gates and Darien again when we have more time to enjoy!

• Stayed November 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Darien
Comfort Inn Darien
Comfort Inn Darien
#2 of 5 in Darien
Days Inn Darien
Days Inn Darien
#3 of 5 in Darien
Hampton Inn Darien-I-95
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthouse
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthou...
#7 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Embassy Suites by Hilton Brunswick
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
#2 of 10 in Saint Simons Island

Been to Open Gates B&B? Share your experiences!