“Loved it!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

We didn't book any hotels for our trip back to Wisconsin from Florida and ended up in dalton for one night. We first stopped at the other holiday in just up the road and found the price too high without breakfast. We stopped here and found the price a little high but it seemed like a nicer hotel.

We checked out our room and were greatly surprised. The room was very large, modern, and clean. I must say that this was one of the nicest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. There were more features here than there was in the BW Jackson hole hotel that I payed $300 a night for. If I ever travelled in the area again I would Definetly stop here again. The pictures say it all. The only thing was the pool area was a little word down but the pool was so warm it felt like swimming in a hot tub. This was great since it was a little cool outside, especially coming back from Florida in the winter.

Great, highly recommended and will stay here again if in the area.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

What a lovely stop on the long road home from Grandma's house. This is a great little hotel with a lovely lobby, beautiful new rooms and easy access from the highway (75). Nice pool and breakfast area. Stopping here is a fun pick-me-up. It looks more like a hotel than a "motor lodge" and the first thing my kids ask now is "Are we staying at the place with the cinnamon rolls?' YES -- the breakfast here is wonderful and the cinnamon rolls alone are worth the stop. Staff is very nice, rooms are spotless and the rooms have a little sitting area that makes them feel more like a suite. In some rooms the beds are only double sized and not queens, but the beds are so comfy it's ok.

Room Tip: Ask for the government rate if you qualify!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank polycolleen
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express is in a pretty, hilly area next to Holiday Inn & Suites and Quality Inn. It is right off of the expressway, so it is convenient for travelers passing through Dalton and we felt safe in this area. We requested and received a quiet king size room away from the expressway. The room was clean and spacious, and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was great, lots of room to spread out your toiletries. Nice showerhead and good water pressure. All the staff we encountered were very friendly. My hubby used the fitness center and I headed to the indoor pool. There were towels at the pool and the water was just lovely and warm! Breakfast was your typical fare and the coffee was decent. They had a pancake machine, muffins, bagels, toast, cereal, yogurt, whole fruit, juice, some hot items, warm cinnamon rolls, etc. There is a Chili’s restaurant just across the parking lot and a Zaxby’s chicken across the street. I also spotted a Cracker Barrel nearby. We ate dinner early at the Chili's. It was a Saturday evening and it was getting pretty crowded by the time we left, so you might want to go early if you want to eat there. We liked this hotel very much and would definitely return.

Room Tip: Our room was away from the expressway and very quiet
Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Poolgirl36
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This was my second stay at this location. Like the first, I got an excellent, comfortable room, a super breakfast, and was greeted by a friendly, professional staff. Find a dinner location early. They fill up by 7 PM, especially the nearby Chili's.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

On our way home from Orlando and made a quick stop for night. It turned out to be good choice. Rooms are clean and large. Staff was friendly and helpful. It was right for price. I would reccomend this hotel for families and anyone who needs to stop for the night.

1  Thank Carmen W
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised at the modern touches of this holiday inn and suites. (We did not stay at the HI express adjacent to this one). We were tired and had such a hard time finding a parking spot because, as the clerk said, it's holiday travel time and we're half way between here and there, so it was a delight to find such an inviting place. I even received a gift bag with water and a snack for being a priority club member. Of course the beds were comfortable as usual. I would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Booked a two-double beds at the Express as a stopover on a family trip. Very large room. Clean, neatly appointed. The hotel itself is modern and generally up to date. Our room had a shower only, no tub. Not a negative. Just be advised if traveling with young children. Breakfast was slightly weaker than other hotels with a continental in the same price range. But it was adequate. Good stay overall.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family