“Nice glitz”

Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Penney Farms, FL
“Nice glitz”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Is your idea of a great place to stay a Starbuck's Coffee Shop? If so, this is the place. However, if you like to have a fridge and microwave in the room and breakfast included, don't come here. Yes, there is a small restaurant, pardon me, bistro taking up what might have been the lobby. But it just isn't our style. In all fairness, the place looks new, glitzy in fact. Everything was clean. The bed was beyond firm. It would be hard to find this property without a GPS. Some people will like it, we didn't.

Room Tip: One end of the building faces the interstate, the other a local highway. Our room was at the highwa...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank George F
kczyz, General Manager at Courtyard Dalton, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
I apologize for the delay in acknowleding your review of the Courtyard by Marriott in Dalton, GA. I sincerely appreciate our guest comments and opionions and utilize feedback to better impove the hotel for all our guest. Although, refridgerators and microwaves are not a standard for Courtyard I do have several available at the property and are placed in the room on a first come first serve basis. We quite honestly are able to accomodate all the request. I do hope that with our next renovation these items will be a standard and available in each room for all guest. With the new Courtyard Refreshing Business renovation of our public spaces this last year that includes the new Bistro, we know serve prepared meals for breakfast and dinner opposed to having only a buffet for breakfast prior to the renovation. I realize this concept is not preferred by some but overall it has been a asset for the property. We are located directly off the main exit (Walnut Avenue) and visible from the interstate. I regret you had trouble finding us. I have been told by a few guest that their GPS brought them in a back way, which can be somewhat difficult in finding the property. After reaching out to GPS etc. we were told that if GPS are not frequently uploaded for new updates that indidviduals may experience a inconvenient route opposed to the most convenient. Very glad you found the hotel clean and certainly would love to have you visit us again where we could possibly offer you a comped hot breakfast and earn your business. We strive to please with our southern hospitality and cleanliness. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for the night on our way from Fl to In. We were very pleased with the hotel. Great decor, very clean lobby and room. Staff was really friendly and the location is near lots of restaurants. Highly recommend this hotel if you're looking for a clean safe place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank dorm01
Thank you, thank you, for the review of the Courtyard by Marriott in Dalton, GA. I regret that I am just know responding. I truly appreciate any guest who takes the time to share their experience good or bad. As the old saying goes, "If I don't know about it, I can't fix it". So very glad your experience was great! Come on back real soon so we can treat you to some more southern hospitality! We constantly strive to improve all our services for you our guest. Thanks again.
Normal, IL
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice family stay. We were greeted right away. Room was great, clean, quiet, relaxing. It was very busy when we checked in and we were acknowledged immediately. Good location alongside the highway, great value. Convenient food service in the hotel, along with other food places near.

• Stayed July 2013
kczyz, General Manager at Courtyard Dalton, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to give feedback regarding your stay. Our guest opinions are very important to us! We certainly hope your travel plans will have you back in Dalton in the near future and that you choose the Courtyard for your hotel needs. Again, my staff and myself appreciate you having chose our hotel for you overnight needs.
Wetteren, Belgium
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Very nice lobby, good service in the restaurant for breakfast & dinnner. Furniture in the rooms is probably dating from many years ago, but the rooms are very clean. Car parking & presence of highway and shopping center in the neighbourhood is an advantage.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Myself and the staff at the Courtyard by Marriott in Dalton, GA. were so very pleased that your overall experience was good when staying at the property in June. My apologizes for just now responding. I look forward to any and all feedback whenever I can get it. And your right, the rooms are a little outdated. However, the one thing I love about my relationship with Marriott is that they routinely renovate every five years. It is a priority that they put money back into their properties. We are approaching the time where our rooms will be refreshed and we certainly look forward to having you stay with us again! Thank you again for taking the time to give your feedback.
Sebring, Florida
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this location several times in the past but this will be the last time. I specifically requested a quiet room knowing that upon our arrival we would have driven twelve hours. They assured us that our room on third floor would be quiet. What they did not tell us was that a group was staying across the hall from us celebrating a birthday. We were awakened at 2:30 am by people running up and down the hallway yelling profanities and banging on doors. Calling the front desk did no good. We got up at 4:30 am and packed and left. I emailed Marriott corporate office & am awaiting their response. I understand that the hotel staff cannot predict what guests are going to do but this was a security issue which, apparently this location is unprepared to deal with. We were told that the manager would not be in today. Really?

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Nancy M
Indianapolis area
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

We were on our way home from Fla to IN and this was our halfway point. We wanted a place that had an indoor hot tub to soak a while after the long ride so far. We didnt have a reservation, but they offered an $89 AAA rate which was awesome considering the HI's were both listed as over $100. This place is very clean, well taken care off, and will be on our "return visit" list for sure.

• Stayed May 2013
It was very nice reading your review of our property (Courtyard by Marriott) in Dalton, Ga. As you can tell I am a little behind in thanking you and I apologize for that. However, we are elated that your staff went off without a glitch and we anxiously await your return visit! Thanks again.
Swansea, Illinois
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stopped here on the way home from a trip south. Clean and quiet. Room (first floor) appeared to have been recently updated. Pool and a nice fitness area. Other than a couple of loud guests checking in late no real complaints. Overall a nice place for a stopover.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
To our Satisfied Traveler, Thank you for your positive review of the Courtyard by Marriott in Dalton, Ga. And my regrets for just know acknowledging you. I am ever so appreciative when a guest takes the time to share their experience good or bad. Sure hope we see you again in the near future!