“High Way Traffic--- NOT A PROBLEM!! Wonderful, Excellent, Magnificent” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Dalton

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dalton
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Sturgis, Michigan
“High Way Traffic--- NOT A PROBLEM!! Wonderful, Excellent, Magnificent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

We were on our way back to Michigan from central Florida and needed to find a place to stay that would accept family pets. Dalton La Quinta, what a pleasure to do business with you. I found La Quinta in Dalton, Georgia by pure accident. I can not stop raving about this hotel. Those of you looking for a very clean, safe, quiet and welcoming hotel, this is it. Very reasonable for the price. The rooms have plenty of room. It is located in a semi-residential area, which was a very pleasant surprise. Yes, it is located up on a hill off the highway. I am a very light sleeper and did not have a problem with traffic noise what-so-ever. My room was on the highway side, fyi and I did NOT bring my own "white noise". (Not sure what the other reviewer is writing about. Maybe they slept with their window open???) Besides, most people when traveling do not want to journey too far from the highway just for a nights stay. Location is ideal. When we walked into the room I felt like I had just walked into a 5 star hotel. The beds were SO very comfortable. Very plush with ample amount of pillows to suit everyone's needs. The linens on the bed were so clean and crisp, yet soothing to the weary traveler. The comforter was unbelievable. Very soft and fluffy, very comforting. I couldn't believe that this was a hotel. Where were the tacky patterened comforters and dark green carpet to "hide" the stains????? Anyway, La Quinta made my family, including my dogs, feel very welcomed. I would definitely recommend this hotel to the person or family who is traveling WITH or WITHOUT their furry friends. What an exceptional experience. I have stayed at many hotels from California to New York and from Canada to Florida and this particular hotel has it all. I just need to get La Quinta to start new franchises in Michigan (including the UP). Please La Quinta!!! You are always our first choice of hotels if you are in the area in which I am traveling. For my family and our pets.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hotelsforpets

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2010

This was our first time travelling with our dog and we were concerned about finding a nice place to stay with him along. I must admit, we were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Everything was great here! The staff was very friendly. We stayed here on our way down to Florida and on our return trip. We were given a room (the same room on both trips, actually) that was on the first floor, which made it easy to take the dog in and out. The hotel itself is in somewhat of a residential-type area and we were able to take the dog for a nice walk. The breakfast was nice and the food was available early, which was helpful since we had a very early departure time. There are also plently of restaurants nearby. The room seemed a bit small, but decorated nicely - flat screen tv, pleasant color scheme, shower worked well, etc.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank abb87
michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2010

We drove thru Dalton on our way to Florida and also on the way home. We stayed at the Holiday Inn on the way to and at La Quinta on the way home. La Quinta has an outdoor pool (closed) but an indoor hot tub so we used it. The chemical smell in the hot tub was enough that we only lasted about 10 minutes. We noticed A LOT of highway noise while staying at La Quinta. It was enough to wake me up all night. (we even brought our own fan for "white noise") I guess If your room did not face the highway, and you have a pet that you are traveling with and you want the so-so free hotel breakfast, then this may be just the place for you. It wasn't for us.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jojomagic
tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2010

We stayed here with our travel ball team. The rooms were clean, the breakfast was good ,with a spacious breakfast area, big screen tv in it too. They kept their dog rooms on the first floor. We needed an extra room and they phoned me when one became available.The staff was friendly, and treated us like people not numbers. Very clean rooms, comfortable beds. Convenient location.

• Stayed July 2009
Tallahassee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel 6 times in the last year going to and from family visits in Northern KY. The location is perfect, the manager and staff customer focused, and the rooms and common areas immaculate. The complimentary breakfast buffet is excellent--far superior to what we've seen in other locations. La Quinta's are pet friendly which is very important to us. With or without pets, I would highly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2009

We stayed at this Inn on our way to Florida. We brought our two dogs, and this Inn exceeded our expectations. It was very clean, and the rooms were well cared for. They offered an EXCELLENT BREAKFAST the following day, too, which was complimentary and very good: Waffles, any type of toast you wanted, cereal, rolls, fresh fruit, eggs, bacon. I don't think there was anything you couldn't find to eat that you might want. It was a quality breakfast.

This is a rare find, if you are a traveler. Cleanliness is so uncommon today. The only negative was the highway was right there, and it was noisy if you are on that side of the hotel. However, for the cleanliness, breakfast and the fact I could bring my dog, it didn't bother me one bit! We are staying there on our way home, and wouldn't want to stay any where else!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
bmh1119
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2009

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in for the price. Check in was fast and efficient, the room & bathroom were spotless, no musty or other undesirable smells. They are extremely pet friendly and accomodating with this ammenity. I plan to return to the area in the spring 2010 and will definetly stay here. Restaurants and shopping are nearby and you are only approx 30 miles from Chattanooga.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple