“Pat's Review”

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
A TripAdvisor Member
“Pat's Review”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Very nice LaQuinta. Close to exit and restaurants. LaQuinta is our travel hotel of choice because they are pet friendly. With breakfast included they are a very good deal.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Kempton, Indiana
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Long story short, I live in Indiana, my best friend lives in Florida. My best friend was giving me a dog and we decided to meet half way in Dalton, GA to do a dog hand off. My family and I already had one Dachshund who travels with us everywhere. He went along for this over night trip as well. We arrived at the hotel about an hour before check in times began and decided to check and see if the room was available early or not. The room that was reserved for us was not yet ready but when we mentioned we had a dachsund in the car who was getting restless and that's why we checked the lady behind the desk perked up and said "Well we have you in a room on the fourth floor, would you rather have one on the ground floor? I think they are ready now." We said if that could be arranged that would be great seeing as by the time evening came we would have TWO dachshunds with us. There was a room ready on the ground floor and surprising enough it was a room that was no where near any other guest room in the hotel. This worked out GREAT because both of the dogs are very whiny and they have very high pitched whines. I loved the fact that the front desk staff were willing to accommidate us with our two loud doxies.
Aside from beingso helpful with the dogs, the room was VERY clean and well kept. The Breakfast the next morning was fantastic with eggs, bacon, make your own waffles, cereals, oatmeal, muffins, biscuits and gravy and fruit. It was delicious! The room had a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker plus a nice sized flat screen tv. The King size bed was comfy and the sofa sleeper was just as comfy.
After we left the hotel to head back to Indiana the next day my mom realized she had left my dad's and her jacket hanging in the closet of the room. We were back in Indiana by the time she realized this. She called the hotel from the car and they had found the jackets and shipped them to us the next day.
The only con I would have to say was that the bathtub was a little slippery. My parents were with me and my dad is 73 and my mom is 61. I took my shower first that night and warned them to be careful not to slip and fall in the bathtub when they took theirs.
I would recomend this hotel to anyone staying in this area.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in room 110 (King with sofa sleeper) if you have loud dogs that may bother other guests...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jhuffer1
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Check in was quick and the room was spacious. We were driving home from Florida and would stay here again and highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Took a road trip and stayed in a LaQuinta as I was traveling with my dog. I had stayed on the way down to my destination at the LaQuinta in Marietta, GA which was basic standard. I would not recommend staying in the Marietta hotel, and decided to try this one in Dalton on the way back. This location is top notch. Recently remodeled, the room was lovely, extremely clean and very quiet. An excellent stay for both human and dog!

The breakfast was fine, nothing special, but 100% better than the breakfast at the LaQuinta in Marietta. I did kid with the desk clerk while leaving. No self-respecting Southern hotel should serve instant grits! That is a heresy!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Missourimanatee
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I stayed here for a week for work. Rooms were spacious and bed very comfy. Staff were exceptionally helpful. Nothing was too much bother. Breakfast was okay but fine. A fantastic place to stay in Dalton.

• Stayed October 2011
Indiana
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We were tired travelers heading home from Florida. We needed a good nights sleep in a soft bed with quiet halls. That is exactly what we were given.
Breakfast was in a very classy are of the lobby with fireplace, dark woodwork, flat screen TV. The items were of a good variety and plentiful. Was surprised with cooked oatmeal being kept warm in a crock pot with dried cranberries, brown sugar, and raisins available. Waffles were very good.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family