“Would not return”

Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Chicago, Illinois
“Would not return”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed here overnight on the way to our destination. Definitely not the best choice. The room was very small. Weird that there was a post-it on the bed saying that the sheets and duvet were cleaned for us. It was loud outside, especially when someone was talking loudly outside our door at 5 am. First our tv did not work but after being on about 10 minutes suddenly started working. Then when we went to bed it would not turn off. It just went to a blue screen. We thought that after another 10 min wait it would probably turn off. Nope, remained like that all night. Yes, we could have gotten up to unplug it perhaps but we were to tired to mess with it. When I told the reception staff (after I had to wait for them to finish their conversation) the next morning, she did not seems surprised and also did not even offer an apology. I emailed Hampton just to let them know of our experience and never got a reply either even though it is promised. Guess we will avoid Hampton Inn and especially this one in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My wife and I were driving north from Florida when our A/C went out. After a hot drive through Atlanta, we decided to stop in Dalton. Luckily, we found this Hampton and we couldn't be more pleased. We cranked the air, cooked dinner in the microwave, and put our warm waters in the frig. It was so comfortable, we slept through the free breakfast. Room was large, clean and comfortable.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel is only about 30-min South of Chattanooga and was an excellent value. Room was clean and appeared to be recently renovated. There was a wood-look floor entry and wood-look floor at the sink area, which was just a nice touch. The microwave and refig in the room were both new and clean. The sink was outside the toilet and shower area, which was very convenient when sharing the room with others. The continental breakfast was complete and tasty with protein (eggs, french toast, sausage, bagels, fruit, oatmeal, juices and all the fixins). The staff was pleasant and enjoyable during check-in and check-out.

My only negative was the low water pressure and shower curtain that would not stay closed at one side, which left a puddle on the tile floor. Though neither issue was a big deal.

Will DEFINITELY be staying here again on our next trip to Tennessee.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Extremely friendly staff, clean and comfortable bed and room, and big breakfast made this a great place to stay after being on the road all day. Would definitely return if in the area. Wonderful value for the money.

• Stayed August 2012
USA
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I usually don't bother to write reviews of Hampton's. I mean, a Hampton's a Hampton, right? Everyone knows what you are going to get when you stay there. My husband and I usually stay at Hampton's when we are Road Tripping for every night we are driving to a destination. In a two week trip we might have 3 destinations but need 6 hotels along the route, and those are, invariably Hamptons. This is the first Hampton I've stayed in where they merely slapped some paint and wallpaper on cruddy motel and called it good to go. The rooms were cramped, smelly, LOUD from all the people standing in the parking lot screaming instructions up to their spouses (no one seems to consider that even though they are outside they are a foot away from people sleeping). In addition I had a flare up of a medical issue that plagues me a bit, and to remedy that I was in the shower, kind of working off the pain with a bit of heat and steam, and I got to watch a very interesting show, which I will call the "Bug Ballet" where I watched a millipede enter (stage left from under the door) as he advanced across the room. Suddenly (enter stage right) a spider appeared having spotted his quarry! Battle of the Bugs! Who will triumph?? (possibly I was high from the pain pills at the time as well). But if you want to know the end of the bug show, I recommend getting a room at this Hampton. It doesn't seem like they do much to mitigate the buggy menace.

Room Tip: Do not be deceived. This is a Hampton in name only.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank QueenMean
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Room was very clean and comfortable! We were traveling back from vacation and stopped here for the night. Most comfortable bed we have slept in the last seven nights, and we stayed in a fancy resort for most of those nights! Not that I ever plan on returning to Dalton GA but if I do this is the place for me!

• Stayed June 2012
ORLANDO
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This is one of the worst hotels I have EVER stayed at. There were bugs in the vanity area, mold in the restroom, the carpets were wet. I will never stay here again. Never fell asleep.

Room Tip: no good rooms. horrible hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business