“A Superb Sleeper”
Review of Hampton Inn Dalton

Hampton Inn Dalton
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Reviewed May 28, 2011

At first glance, this Hampton appears to be just a rennovated motor lodge and then BAM! The hotel is excellent. Are cookies your passion? BAM! Free cookies in the lobby. Want a comfortable bed? BAM! The beds will put you to sleep like you're watching C-Span for 8 hrs. Do you like clean rooms and extra towels? KA-BAM! The rooms are cleaner than the Trinity Broadcasting Network and there enough towels to dry off King Kong.

Guests: "Get Some!" (military lingo)...sleep that is. I stayed at this location for several weeks on business. There is not a better hotel in Dalton. The proprietor is on-site frequently and not kicking back in a New York high rise watching the checks roll in while the hotel implodes from mismanagement.

Excellent Value!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms 120 - 124 Tennis Court Side
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank 1000NaturalShocks

Reviewed January 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Dalton Hampton Inn while I attended training in Dalton. The Hampton Inn included free breakfast which helped us in our decision of where to stay. There were assortments of breakfast foods both mornings. There were waffles, eggs, cereals, pastries, breakfast meats, etc. The location was perfect for my training at The Northwest Georgia Convention Center. My husband enjoyed the television in the room. We both enjoyed the exercise room. The sheets were so soft. They advertise Cloud Nine Bedding, and it was really nice. The bathroom was very clean. I liked the soap, shampoo, and conditioner dispensers on the shower wall. Towels were folded into swans like on a cruise ship. Cookies and coffee were available in the lobby. Front desk staff were very friendly. Overall, we had a good travel experience at this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank teacher4_11
Reviewed January 17, 2011

I got 3 rooms, two were fine the third smelled of smoking. Staff gave me a new room. I where I found a 4" long black kinky hair in the bed between the blanket and the sheet. My wife convinced me it probably fell from the maid making the bed so i brushed it aside and used the bed. fifteen minutes later i was bitten by a small beetle (look like a lady bug). We switched to a 3rd room and it was clean and ok except for a minor vibration of the floor that seemed to come from something running somewhere. The next morning during checkout they refunded my money for the room (without me mentioning the issues). The rooms are outside entry. Had i known that i would have reserved elsewhere as it was very cold outside. More than half the parking lot was taped off because of slippery ice conditions. Breakfast was average.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2011

On the positive side, the person at the front desk was friendly and helpful, the beds were comfortable, the room was clean and looked like it was redecorated recently, and the hotel was conveniently located near I-75 and was halfway between Siesta Key and Central Indiana.

On the negative side, our room was on the Interstate side of the building so we heard traffic noise during the night. The room was tiny so that one person could not sit at the desk and the other person walk between the end of the bed and desk. The room size was less of an issue because we were only in the room to sleep. The biggest negative for me was that it was an "external" property which meant that you had to put on a coat to get coffee or breakfast from the lobby. This is probably less of an issue in warm weather but when we were here Northern GA was very cold and had been hit with a winter storm.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Having to work during the biggest snowstorm in a decade, it was pleasant to find such welcoming staff managing to keep us fed despite the town and local restaurants at a standstill. Very pleasant front desk. rooms are alittle smaller than the usual Hampton Inn, but it was just recently converted. the owner himself came out to shovel the icey paths and clear the parking lot. Great place.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Easy location off the freeway and close to shopping - grocery stores, restaurants and discount stores, this was a great Hampton Inn. I checked in late and was greeted by the nicest person who offered me a bottle of water and really went out of her way to demonstrate that they were happy I had chosen to stay at this hotel. The rooms were extremely clean and nice....carpets, bathrooms and room were new although the hotel is older. Plasma television and great comfortable beds. Breakfast was standard Hampton Inn fare, but again, staff were extremely friendly and kind. Truly one of my nicest experiences on my two week vacation.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 12, 2010

Great hotel! Excellent customer service. The rooms were clean and smelled fresh. I like the added touch by making swans out of the towels. I recommend this hotel to others. Although the elevator smelled like smoke it was a great hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple