“Nice hotel, near many restaurants, great pool”
Review of Days Inn Dalton

Days Inn Dalton
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Reviewed June 18, 2009

Our room was nice value - microwave, fridge, two beds, coffee maker in room, wall mounted hair dryer, great color scheme, clean.

The little touches make a room better. The remote was small so easy to use. Tthe AC has a guide so the curtain doesn't blow open. Two rolls of toilet paper ready to use. Shower has the rounded hump so more room to shower in.
Alarm clock. Easy to read tv channel guide. Free evening Dalton shuttle stop.
Breakfast buffet, with an apple stand for those afternoon munchies. Computer in the lobby. Big lobby handy to breakfast area. Good selection of the free breakfast.
GREAT swimming pool - perfect temperature, clean, not too much chlorine, 4-5 foot depth.
Coffee maker is easy to use. Couldn't hear our neighbors at all - good thick walls.
Excellent maid service, not stingy on towels. A big grassy area in front for walking your doggies. Has a street light at an exit so easy to turn left.
Next door to O'Charley's, and next to that is a gas station/convenience store. About 8 restaurants one block away!
The blanket on the bed is the soft type - not scratchy. Color scheme was good for me - red, gold and dark blue.
Hotel desk personnel friendly.

We travel often for business reasons, so we know hotels! Traveladvisor.com has been so helpful for where to stay, and things to do in an area.

After our stay here, and another Days Inn in another town, we'll just stick with this chain as they have been consistant in quality and value.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
25  Thank yup2469

Reviewed March 2, 2009

We stopped late at night 1:00am. The room was a good size. With further inspection the room was very dirty! Two lights were burnt out - one in the bathroom (no light) and we wake up feeling flimy (dirty) Then my Husband looked at his white socks which were now black from walking on the hotel floor. I did not believe that it happen so fast until I looked at my son's new socks which was only on for a hour... now black on the bottom. We could not leave fast enough!! When I spoke to the front deck He was rude and acted like I was a idiot. He even told me I didn't know how to turn on a light! Don't be impressed by the marble in the lobby that is as far as the updates go.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank WaltWorld2009
Reviewed June 9, 2008

We used a travel coupon and paid only $50 for our room. 2 queen sized beds, mirowave and mini fridge were the selling point for us. The room was clean, pool was clean, and the breakfast was adequate. Can't complain too much.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank jolfitz
Reviewed December 2, 2007

We had not stayed at a Days Inn in years and while I would guess that most are better than this hotel- I won't promise that this is not a "Days Inn" issue or a"Dalton Days Inn" issue. I'm guessing that it is a local problem.
We stayed at this hotel on a drive from Florida to the midwest. The location made sense and was very close to the Interstate. A great many fast food rests. nearby.

The problems with this hotel began with a rude check-in and end with a very very rude check-out. In between...

Room- Dated Furniture, Crummy TV with poor reception, and a running Toilet. Room was Clean. Yes, despite all the dated furniture, and other issues- the room seemed clean.

Staff: At check-out, I asked for a receipt. That seemed to shock the robot-like non-english speaking clerk, but i got my receipt! Don't expect a thank you- you won't get it! This was our biggest issue with the motel. The guy at check-out was a real A#@! If you don't appreciate your customers, don't expect any.

As far as price. Watch out. The price quoted was something in the range of $53. The price confirmed in the email was $59 and the price on the receipt that I finally got was $63. I'm not sure what is going on at this hotel, but if you stay there- expect some sort of "scam like" experience feeling.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank Richard B
Reviewed October 25, 2007

Had an excellent stay from 10-10-08 thru 10-14-08. Attended Perry Stone Conferecne, all places to eat was in walking distance. Had Charley's next door, and Ryan's was 3 miles straight down the street, no turns. Staff was excellent, rooms were very clean, bathroom exceptionally clean, beds made up each day, and clean towels, washcloths and accessories were on hand. Had cable, internet, refrigerator, and was quite while I stayed there. I recommend this to anyone planning on staying in Dalton, Ga. I was at other very expensive places, and other than this showing its age, they never had nothing on Days Inn.
Continental breaksfast was good, don't like it, walk or drive 5 blocks to Shoney's or 3 blocks to Waffle House. Prefer Shoney's myself. The people/staff treat you with respect and never once did I have to ask for anything. Beds are excellent, you do get a good night's sleep. Staying here, I saved $300.00, and it was as nice as the other more expensive hotels. Don't take my word, try it and you will agree, "It is the PLACE to STAY in Dalton, exit 333 off I-75. Htgn. WV.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
24  Thank sangtraveler
Reviewed August 7, 2007

Bad, very bad! My sons and I stayed here on our way to Florida for one night. The first room we were assigned to the lock didn't work so we had to get another room. Upon entering and going to use the bathroom, we learned shortly the toilet didn't flush. I called the office and the manager showed up in about 5 minutes. He fixed it. Didn't notice until the next morning while showering that there was dried blood on the shower curtain (inside the tub). Both my sons showered before me, but didn't say anything, until I asked them after my shower. I wish I would have showered first. I would have called the manager A.S.A.P. The first thing I did was check to see if my son's and I had any cuts, scratches, etc. on our feet. I hope to God we don't contract anything from the blood. I told the manager's mom who was attending the desk upon checkout. She didn't offer any apologies, discounts or anything. In fact, she said nothing! I am appalled!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank parrotheadIND
Reviewed August 31, 2006

We stayed for the weekend and were disgusted by the fact that our room was roach-infested! I walked into the bathroom in the middle of the night and found 5/6 roaches crawling around in the bathtub and had to rinse down the drain! They assured us that wasn't normal so we switched to a different room and surprise...I saw a baby roach crawling out of the iron right after I plugged it in...ewww! The towels had stains on them; the rooms were obviously not thoroughly cleaned (i.e. we found the previous occupants medicine wrapper under the table). The young staff was nice enough but didn't have the authority to do anything and when I finally got a hold of the manager a few days later (because he never returned my calls), he was belligerent and uncooperative and actually said, "if you were unhappy with the quality you should have gone to a different hotel". Needless to say, I was appalled by the lack of professionalism and disregard for customer service!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple