“Very nice rooms”

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Shelburn, Indiana
“Very nice rooms”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

After a long day of driving all we wanted was a nice clean room and bed to sleep in. After easily finding the Days Inn, that is exactly what we got. This room was one of the nicest rooms I have encountered at a Days Inn, recently remodeled. The beds were very comfortable and we all got a good night's sleep. The keycards were unlike any I had encountered before, no more struggling to get the key inserted and removed from a tiny slot just right. All you had to do was get the key in the vicinity of the door handle and it was unlocked, and just as safe as a standard key if not more so. Much easier to maneuver while loaded down with luggage. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
11 Thank ontheroaddrifting
Sam P, General Manager at Days Inn Dalton, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Guest We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post your comments after tirp and recent stay at our hotel. We were so pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel and it's amenities , and found it to be clean and comfortable and exallant value, From myself and the entire staff at the Day's Inn in Dalton, Ga we want to thank you so much for your business and looking forward to seeing you when you in this area from shelburn,indiana again, It was our pleasure having you and your family here with us and we are so glad we were able to made your stay enjoyable once again we are so pleased that you have found our accomodations to be very nice and clean .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Dalton has several lodging options which range from very cheap to what could be considered a bit pricey for the area. I was looking for a basic place to sleep for a night. I didn't want a high priced Holiday Inn or a cheap-o motel. TripAdvisor reviews for this Days Inn were mixed, but I rolled the dice, and I'm glad I did. The motel is located in the busy area of the town just off I-75. Several motels, restuarants, and gas stations are located here. The busy roadway and traffic can during the daylight can minimize a first impression, but once inside the room, roadway noise is not an issue, plus traffic disapears after diner time. The motel is an older style "exterior corridor" property, but well kept. Unlike most exterior corridor motels, you can not park your automobile near your room. Bushes and the pool surround the rooms which makes walking from your car to the room a chore with bags. The motel has a very nice lobby, and a great meeting place. The rooms are updated, clean and well kept. Like many older style motels, the bathroom is small with the sink & counter located in the main room with is useful when traveling with others. A wide-screen TV was in the room, something I wouldn't have expected in a Days Inn. The free breakfast in the morning is a step up from most other Days Inn's, with several choices, both hot & cold. A large dining area with TV lets you enjoy breakfast without the need to feel hurried. I enjoyed my stay, and would return to this motel if in the area again. I felt the price I paid was worth the stay (mid-$50's).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
12 Thank RailfanMotels
Nov,01, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to go into so much detail and share your experience with the online community.

Our endeavor, always, is to exceed our guests' expectations so that they may have a memorable stay with us and in turn recommend the hotel to their family, friends and associates. All our actions, efforts and training are directed to achieve this mission.

Again, we are grateful that you took your time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Warm regards,
Sam Patel
ERIE
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We enjoyed our overnight stay with the exception of the people coming up and down the stairs with luggage. Beds were very comfortable and staff very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

3 Thank MAUREEN A
Sam P, General Manager at Days Inn Dalton, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Guest Please allow me an opportunity to introduce myself; my name is Sam Patel and I am General Manager at the Days Inn,Dalton,GA ,my front desk staff has advised me of the service you received during your stay with us; first and foremost I want to sincerely apologize for this. We strive to service All of our guest and especially our loyal guest such as yourself and on this occasion we did not exceed your basic expectation; I would like to extend an invitation to you
and your family to stay with us the next time your travel should bring you to Dalton area .
At such time if you can be so kind as to contact me directly I will personally ensure that your stay is Comfortable ; I will extend a preferred rate and complimentary upgrade to a renovated suite.

I look forward in hearing from you and having the opportunity to
have you back as a guest of ours.

Regards,