“Great motel at great price”
Review of Days Inn Dalton

Days Inn Dalton
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I have stayed at this motel before and am staying again on 5/24/2011. I did a search on hotels.com to study room rates and discovered that with their rate, they also tagged on a tax rate and service fee of $24!! This was half the price of the hotel. Needless to say, hotels.com offered no incentive and I will not use them again when fees like this are charged. I have noted this to be occuring more all of the time. It really pays to go to the motel/hotel's website and compare thier prices before booking a room with a "discounter". Most of the motels/hotels also offer a rewards program which holtels.com does not. Nor will the motel/hotel chains offer a rewards when not booking with them directly.

Room Tip: Always compare rates!!
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
39  Thank AnthonyGSmith

Reviewed April 21, 2011

This was a relief after a long day driving. The staff was more than helpful. All three of our rooms were very clean and newly remodeled. As long as you don't expect a big hot meal for breakfast, they will fill your stomach with lots of cereal, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, exc. GREAT deal for the price!!! We had a good night sleep, quiet and comfortable. Not somewhere I would stay for vacation, but a great in between! We will stop again next year.

Room Tip: We had the top level last three in the back, quiet
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
40  Thank SheilaHash
Reviewed January 7, 2011

On entering the front door the first thing that hits you is the strong smell of air freshner. I should have gone with my first instinct and left then. The bathroom was dirty, evidenced when water spilled over from the shower and I used a towel to dry it up. The towel was literally black. The shower head fell off on my husband the next morning. Also, in the a.m. we were greeted by 2 cockroaches on the ceiling. When mentioned to the front desk clerk, he never batted an eyelash. Obviously, it was nothing new to him. The beds looked new, however, the bedding was thread bare. Even had small holes. Luckily, I brought only my bathroom kit into the place. I actually left my slippers for fear of transporting the bugs. I have requested my money back but don't hold out a lot of hope.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LoisDewsbury
Reviewed December 23, 2010

booked the hotel on the way into town, right off the highway. quick to book and get in. clean room. older tv. there is a pool but we didn't swim. great free breakfast. free wifi and a computer in the lobby to use

• Stayed: December 2010
8  Thank chelsmorg
Reviewed October 31, 2010

After reading some of the reviews, I was quite skeptical to stay here, but we got an awesome rate through AAA, and we needed a place to shower and sleep, so we gave it a try. The location was easy to find, and was simple for getting on and off the highway. There were many nearby restaurants to eat at. The lobby was nice and clean. The gentleman behind the counter was eager to show us where they serve breakfast and give us the password to the free internet. He also told us which nearby restaurants will give us a deal while staying there. Our room was basic and CLEAN! I think this place has been refurbished recently. The beds were band new. The carpet was clean. It is nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room. Everything worked just fine. The bathroom was clean and we had ample towels. I think this location might tend to be noisy, due to the proximity to the busy road, but we always bring a white noise machine and didn't have any problems with noise. Even before we went to sleep we didn't hear doors slamming or people yelling. Seemed very quiet here. We did not swim in the pool or eat the breakfast. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
36  Thank girlonline
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Room was very dirty. Major stains (many mystery stains) on matress, box spring (looked like it had been through a hurricane), floor, chairs, I don't think we could find a clean spot in that room. Shower head was disgusting. Shower curain was ripped and moldy, Water came out of faucet handle, faucet, while showering. All around bad, bad, bad!!! They did not have bead bugs but that is probably because even they have cleanliness standards. A major renovation or at least a major cleaning is really needed. If it were done this would be a nice place but as is I would stay very far away.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2010

On a long drive (11 hours) from southeastern Florida with my elderly father, we stopped here for one night before continuing north. This place was very disappointing. No sausage biscuits or Minute Maid juices with their breakfast, as claimed on website. The alarm clock in our room could not be set -- the minute button did not work. Light switch immediately inside room door also controlled the outlet that the alarm clock was
plugged into -- anytime you turn off the lights, you cause the alarm clock to have to be reset! I advised the front desk right away, and was told, "Thank you, sir. We'll make a note of that." How helpful of them. The curtain did not completely cover the window. The carpeting had been vacummed, but was stained and filthy. The refrigerator had no temperature control dial -- had been broken or ripped out. There was a VERY heavy cleaning solvent and/or air freshener odors in room as well as lobby/breakfast area. I had to wash my otherwise clean duffel bags to get the odor out! There was a gap under our room door, about one inch in height and across the entire door, through which air, light, bugs and noise passed -- and this place is on a VERY busy street, with truck traffic vibrating the whole building.

This is obviously an older property that's been cosmetically upgraded, but seems to be on its last legs. My father and I could have stayed at a cheap Motel 6 and experienced the same nastiness for, truly, half the price.

Also, after returning to our room from dinner next door at O'Charley's, we settled down to watch the evening news. Within minutes, I heard a man and woman screaming at each other right outside our door! I opened the door and found an apparent "lady of the evening" arguing with one of her "customers!" I told them to take it elsewhere IMMEDIATELY. Wisely, they did. As if that weren't enough, I encounter the prostitute's "customer" in the breakfast area of the motel at 6:45 the next morning! I told him that I recalled him fighting outside my room the previous evening, and strongly advised that he leave my presence -- which he and his male friend did! Good grief! The whole experience of staying at this dump just didn't quit!

I have complained -- loudly -- to Wyndham Hotels' corporate offices in South Dakota, and am awaiting a full refund to my father's credit card. This was truly an awful place to spend the night, especially after an 11-hour drive, and I strongly advise others to "keep on driving" and pick another place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2010