“100% Must - A Fantastic "Down Home" Restaurant”
Review of Oakwood Cafe

Oakwood Cafe
Ranked #1 of 187 Restaurants in Dalton
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Treat your family to the best in Southern cuisine at Oakwood Cafe, in Forest Park, Georgia. From baby back ribs and onion rings to barbecue pork and pot roast, our menu features a wide selection of home cooked favorites. All of our dishes are homemade daily, using the freshest ingredients available. Our full menu is available all day long, and our well-trained staff will attend to your every need. Our family restaurant has banquet capabilities, and seats up to 350 patrons. In addition, we offer catering services for any event and any occasion.
Reviewed February 3, 2010

The Oakwood Cafe is a true local gem in Dalton, GA. Great home style southern food. And when I say "homestyle" I really mean the recipes used are shared from the owners family and friends. Great Lunches and Dinners. Unbelievable value for Breakfast too. Great selection on the menu. Meat and 3 veggies are always the special but fabulous sandwiches, soups and salads as well. Not to mention homemade desserts for your sweet tooth. The place is always packed during the week for lunch but still the service remains FAST and Friendly! The Oakwood Cafe is a definate YES if you are within driving distance.

2  Thank trickumdawg

Reviewed January 16, 2010

I love everything there, but the pot roast reminds me so much of my Grandmother's "stew beef" and veggies. Never had a bad meal there. When the BBQ chef/master is there, I get BBQ. This is my favorite place in Dalton.

1  Thank ParkandGo
Reviewed March 11, 2007

Before I originally left Pensacola on my trip to Georgia and Alabama, I had consulted tripadvisor for a good restaurant in Dalton. I mapped the Oakwood Cafe and headed there for an evening meal. If you are not familiar with downtown Dalton, make sure you print out a map before you get there. It was a little hard to find for me.

After traveling through lots of towns around Atlanta, I was tired of burgers and fries and wanted a home cooked meal. I was not disappointed at the Oakwood. I noticed that everyone was friendly and the staff seemed to know most of the patrons. My mouth was set for a dessert I had heard about - Macaroon Pie. The only other thing I HAD to have was fried green tomatoes. I added several more vegetables to make a meal and waited for that pie. Boy!!! That was good. I walked away full, satisfied and happy. The price was reasonable too. If you can find this restaurant - get away from the fast food joints and have a great home-cooked meal.

5  Thank sweetshrub
Reviewed February 2, 2006

breakfast, lunch and supper not dinner are served at this quintessential dalton restaurant, a family owned an operated business for over 50 years. from blue plate lunches to fried chicken sunday dinners the oakwood has been delighting customers young and old for generations. they have the best coffee in town and their full line of sandwiches works well with an extensive salad bar. they always have room at their table for one more at the oakwood. good food served by good folks in a good environment. home cooking at it's best!

7  Thank Bbqman3341

Been to Oakwood Cafe? Share your experiences!