“It's OK”

Johns Barbecue
Ranked #79 of 185 Restaurants in Dalton
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Decided to try it based on others reviews. It's OK but not exceptional. The rib quality is good but we still find the BBQ sauce to have too much vinegar taste to it. Don't know what has happened to BBQ in ths area but no one has good sweet BBQ sauce anymore. Maybe its becasue we have so many hispanics living here now. The onion rings were good and the pulled pork was also good quality. Will keep looking for somewhere with a good sweet BBQ.

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I've been going to this place for over 25 years - since I was a very young child, and I must say that the food has remained awesome over the years. Johns BBQ is not only a place to get great food, but it brings back memories of the days gone by and how Dalton, GA used to be - not some huge city, but a community bound together by mom and pop restaurants. I pray Johns BBQ continues to have great success - they will for sure keep my business!!!

1  Thank DADSBUCKSHOT
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Was in the area on a business trip and stopped in. Small but very clean restaurant. Food was reasonably priced. I had the Rib lunch plate. It came with cole salw, rolls and fries. A lot of food for the money. I could not finish it all. The taste was good. I enjoyed the meal and I would eat there again.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

and always has been. My fav is the Brunswick Stew (cup) together with a BBQ Beef Sandwich with Hot Slaw. Hamburger Steaks are great too.

1  Thank legalincancun
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Hands down the best BBQ joint around town full of friendly workers and people you will get to know real fast i have been eating their since i was just a little kid and plan to keep going back!

Been to Johns Barbecue? Share your experiences!