“Saturday Night March 13, 2010”

The Dalton Depot & Trackside Tavern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2010

My wife and I visited the restaurant and found the atmosphere very good, except for the smokey bar area, The service was excellent, the seafood lasagna which I had was very good but my wife's fish was not memorable and was bland. I would be willing to try it again but it didn't knock our socks off the first time there. I'm rating it very good based on the service and atmosphere.

1  Thank Sooner72

Reviewed March 9, 2010

WE just ate here on March 6 2010, and the atmosphere was lovely and nice. Our service person seemed to be in a bit of a bad mood but was gracious anyway. Our tea stayed full, and our meal was brought to us promptly however the baked potatoes were clearly old and brown. The steak were massive, thick and wonderful but just had a so so flavor. They were cooked to our specifications. We also had dessert and it was also just so so. We expected a lot more for the price - 3 people ordering steaks and one desert was $75.00. We will probably go back and give it another chance though.

Reviewed November 8, 2009

We visited the Dalton Depot based on its good reviews. We had been traveling all day and so we opted to eat in the bar rather than the restaurant because we were casually dressed. We were there on a Thursday which happened to be 15 cent taco day. OK, so they are not great but what do you expect for 15 cents? We both ordered red meat, I had the prime rib and my husband had the N.Y. strip. Both were very good and cooked perfectly. The salads were large and they gave generous sides of the dressing. We were there during happy hour so the longnecks were $2.00. Our server was pleasant and attentive. Although there was a sign outside the bar saying smoking was only permitted in the balcony, people all around us were smoking. Apparently they have good smoke eaters because the smoke did not bother us much. For a bit over $50 we had a lovely meal and drinks. We will return. Perhaps next time we will dine in the restaurant.

1  Thank guavagirlKW
Reviewed September 14, 2009

The Dalton Depot is a great restaurant in Downtown Dalton.

The nightlife in the bar area always has something to offer, from live music to poker. The service is exceptional. The owner TJ is incredibly nice, and is always willing to speak to the patrons. The food is great. Everything from Italian dishes to steak to some downhome dishes with class, like the Fried Green Tomatos. The old train depot atmosphere feels authentic (because it is), and the decor embodies Dalton at it's finest. I would recommend it to anyone traveling through Dalton.

1  Thank gmweave1987
Reviewed June 18, 2009

I went there last night, guess it's an old train depot. Restaurant on the left, bar behind the double doors to the right.
About 9 pm two guitar players of the band called Bud Lightning, started in. DAMN! What a fantastic band! They could be playing in Nashville on Broadway, or Memphis on Beale, or even Bourbon Street in NOLA! Or open for Bruce or such.
BL played some great rocking songs, and Hank Wms Jr and Johnny Cash. They didn't know any Bruce Springsteen nor Brooks and Dunn.
Absolutely had a blast there because of the band! And the band played non-stop from 8:30 to 11:15, with an exception --
About a dozen people came in about 10:00, they were from Switzerland,
and two of their group played in Nashville at some recent country event.
The two Swiss entertainers each got a guitar from BL, and proceeded to rock the joint! What fun! Their ladies love to line dance, and so do I, so we got to enjoy the universal language of fun!
I haven't had that much fun at a bar for such a long time!
BL is amazing! They play in the Chattanooga area, and if I lived here, I'd go where ever they played to enjoy them. They are a party band! Webpage is :
http://www.budlightning.com/ , then go to the bottom to click on their myspace page.
Chris, the lead of BL, was taking videos of the Swissmen and us dancing, and he said he'd post it on his myspace page.

I ordered the snack of chicken bites with the honey mustard and bbq sauce. They were stuff that a fast food restaurant would sell - heavy breaded deep fat fried chicken bits.
Pretty horrible.

Difficult to get Melissathe bartender, to wait on me - she hung out on the other side of the bar. But boy, that lady can get wild with the song that BL played - You Gotta Fight, for Your Right, to Parrrrr-Teee!

Was at Planet of the Grapes before going to the Depot. It was super, food looks and smells wonderful. It's a wine bar. Will post a review on it.

1  Thank yup2469