“GREAT FOOD IN A BUILDING WITH LOTS OF HISTORY”

The Dalton Depot & Trackside Tavern
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Georgia
“GREAT FOOD IN A BUILDING WITH LOTS OF HISTORY”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We have never had anything but great food and service here. The new menu is great! My favorit is the new HOT steak, if you like hot food you must try this. When we have guest we always take them here and everyone always has a goodtime and loves the food. Keep up the good job Depot Staff.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Tykelb

Sparta, TN
“Cool Historic Building with a HUGE menu.”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

You know how you go to a restaurant and everything tastes delicious because you are starving? Well, I was not starving- nor even hungry when I went to Dalton Depot and my food was delish! I only ordered an appetizer as my main course- The Lobster Fondue. It was loaded with chunks of lobster, shrimp and cheesy goodness. Service was excellent but a bit stuffy calling us "Monsieur and Madame". Don't know if they are required to do this or if it was this particular server- I'm not into that. The hostess wasn't really friendly so that could be improved on. It is an old train depot complete with memorabilia and trains still pass by. There is even a toy train track suspended from the ceiling with a train although it was not operational when we were there. Overall it was a cool place. I didn't smell any cigarette smoke but didn't go in the bar area either. I don't like chain restaurants so we always look for something local and this fits the bill. Would recommend!

• Visited July 2011
Ringgold, Georgia
“Good Place”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Dalton Depot is a good place to eat, not great, but good. We go once a year with our group that eats out every week at places we have a buy one get one free. Not crazy about the way they figure the "free" meal. Great choices of food, and the food is good. The seafood pasta is real good, and they have very good steaks and great bread.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Con K
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overpriced and over rated”
Reviewed April 28, 2011

To expensive and the restaurant smells like smoke

dalton, ga
“new menu is great”
Reviewed April 9, 2011

Always one of my favorite places but visited yesterday , 4/8, to try the new menu. All my favorites still there but new offerings much to my liking. I had baked brie with walnuts and flatbread that was wonderful and can't wait to try the lobster fondue and the BBQ shrimp, all of which are new offerings. The owner, TJ, always personable and helpful and a great supporter of community activities and charities. It was the old train depot during the Civil War. It's a casual restaurant that has been restored to maintain it's train related history. It's been a must do for me and people in Dalton for 22 years

• Visited April 2011