“Good room and breakfast”
Review of Econo Lodge Dalton

Econo Lodge Dalton
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good room and breakfast”
Reviewed November 29, 2010

The room was spacious and very clean. It had everything I needed including a refridgerator and microwave. Located about 3 blocks off the interstate. Stay here when you are in the area. Great value and the breakfast is plentiful.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Buchanan, Georgia
Reviewed November 13, 2010

I didn't expect much of a Super 8 to begin with, but it turned out to be even less than I expected. We reserved a non-smoking room, but, even though it had a non-smoking sign on the door, the first room we were given had a strange smell and there were ashtrays in the room. I used the facilities as soon as we got into the room and noticed the towels were in disarray, as if having been used. We complained to the front desk & they allowed us to check out another room to see if we liked it better. We moved rooms as the 2nd didn't have any odor, but the towels still looked dirty and seemed as if they'd been hastily thrown over the towel bars. And the "continental" breakfast was the worst we've ever experienced in our stays at any hotel, as far as selection was concerned, although they did have hot waffles. The breakfast area was extremely small for the size hotel and the food was not supplied well enough for the amount of people staying there. We would not recommend the hotel to anyone...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Dalton hotels

Reed City, Michigan
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Our first room was never cleaned after the last guest, so the manager gave us another room. At least the beds were made. That is the highest praise I can give for this room. The mirrors were smeared, only one towel (additional towesl we were given were damp and wrinkled, maybe not thoroughly dried, maybe not really clean?) , and it looked like it had been a very long time since the bathroom floor or the showers were cleaned. A wash cloth swiped over the shower wall and top of the shower turned black. We had been up all night, so we napped and left by midnight.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Super8Dalton, Owner at Econo Lodge Dalton, responded to this review, May 25, 2010
Dear Oldmoon77,

Thank you for staying with us at the Super 8 in Dalton, GA. Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you encountered with this room. We strive to provide a positive experience for all of our guests, and it seems we fell well short of that goal in this circumstance. I assure you this is absolutely not the norm for this property. Please contact me at the property and I will make it right. Thank you again for choosing us, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Bob Sheth
Wisconsin
Reviewed November 3, 2009

I decided to check out thid hotel despite some poor reviews. We were glad we did. This hotel was spotless. We had a quick check in. The room was large and had the microwave/fridge which came in handy. We would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Super8_1, Manager at Econo Lodge Dalton, responded to this review, February 4, 2010
Cherri88,

Thank you for staying at Super8 in Dalton Ga. And Thank you for your response in tripadviser.

Bob Sheth
GM
beech grove, in
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Spent 2 nights in this hotel over the past week. One night on our way to Savannah / Sarasota, one night on our way home. The rooms were OK. Nothing special and old. Everything was in good repair and I felt that they were clean. The pool was nice but had some leaves and a few dead bugs in it, but, that's to be expected in any outdoor pool.

Free breakfast consisted of cereal, donuts, muffins and waffles. I typically just have coffee but my wife said the waffles were great. This hotel has easy access to 75 and restraunt row is just 3 miles south on the interstate.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
tincher28
Reviewed May 14, 2008

It was nice and clean. We had everything we needed. The staff was pretty nice. We got down around 9:30 and they still let us have breakfast even though it was suppose to close at 9. The breakfast was like any other continental hotel breakfast. It was in our price range ($55 for standard king size). We will probably stay there again next year.

• Liked — How clean it was
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 30, 2007

I just stayed at the Super 8 Conference Center hotel this past weekend and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. First off, when I arrived, I noticed right off that there was hair in all the washclothes and towels. Luckily, I had a towel and washcloth of my own, but my friend went down to the front to let them know about our towels, and the front desk clerk was like what you want me to do about it? We wanted more!! She was the only one at the desk at the time, so she said she would send someone with towels. A hour later, someone shows up with a blanket and a sheet for the bed. No towels. I told him I didn't request those, I needed towels, so when I finally got towels, they were still dirty, so I used my own. Then lo and behold I decide to turn back my covers just to make sure my sheets were ok, and instead of a fitted sheet on the bed, there were two regular sheets and a mattress cover that had a yellow stain on it. I nicely called back to the front desk and told the desk clerk about it and requested new sheets and a cover. She was like, didnt he bring those to you and you said you didn't want them. I told her I didn't know I needed them at the time and that I had requested towels and not sheets and I needed them now. She was going to send them. A hour later, I nicely walked to the front and got them myself. Stay away from this nasty hotel. I don't know what they wash their things in, but its obviously not doing the job.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Nothing