“Check your room before you pay!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Dalton

Econo Lodge Dalton
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Waterford, Michigan
“Check your room before you pay!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

Rude! Exhausted after driving 14 hours straight with many weary travelers, they gave me wrong room with a King and a nasty sofa bed, no sheets and lots of bugs. Only employee on staff argued with me over it and told me to come wait in line behind 12 other customers after I’d already paid for a room with 2 double beds, then he hung up on me!! Manager finally arrived (way to understaff on a Spring Break weekend by the way). He was even more rude! Tried to run me off but couldn’t because my group had 9 people and 3 rooms. Others were already settled. I was not leaving and not letting my children sleep on that filthy nasty lumpy disgusting sofa bed!! And no one should have to make their own bed either! After an hour and a scene in the lobby, I was finally given the room I’d paid for. Although the new room was satisfactory, I would never stay there again due to the lack of courteous service and lack of proper staffing.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank yourpersonalasst1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2010

The room was spacious and very clean. It had everything I needed including a refridgerator and microwave. Located about 3 blocks off the interstate. Stay here when you are in the area. Great value and the breakfast is plentiful.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Buchanan, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2010

I didn't expect much of a Super 8 to begin with, but it turned out to be even less than I expected. We reserved a non-smoking room, but, even though it had a non-smoking sign on the door, the first room we were given had a strange smell and there were ashtrays in the room. I used the facilities as soon as we got into the room and noticed the towels were in disarray, as if having been used. We complained to the front desk & they allowed us to check out another room to see if we liked it better. We moved rooms as the 2nd didn't have any odor, but the towels still looked dirty and seemed as if they'd been hastily thrown over the towel bars. And the "continental" breakfast was the worst we've ever experienced in our stays at any hotel, as far as selection was concerned, although they did have hot waffles. The breakfast area was extremely small for the size hotel and the food was not supplied well enough for the amount of people staying there. We would not recommend the hotel to anyone...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Dalton hotels

Reed City, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2010

Our first room was never cleaned after the last guest, so the manager gave us another room. At least the beds were made. That is the highest praise I can give for this room. The mirrors were smeared, only one towel (additional towesl we were given were damp and wrinkled, maybe not thoroughly dried, maybe not really clean?) , and it looked like it had been a very long time since the bathroom floor or the showers were cleaned. A wash cloth swiped over the shower wall and top of the shower turned black. We had been up all night, so we napped and left by midnight.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Super8Dalton, Owner at Econo Lodge Dalton, responded to this review, May 25, 2010
Dear Oldmoon77,

Thank you for staying with us at the Super 8 in Dalton, GA. Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you encountered with this room. We strive to provide a positive experience for all of our guests, and it seems we fell well short of that goal in this circumstance. I assure you this is absolutely not the norm for this property. Please contact me at the property and I will make it right. Thank you again for choosing us, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Bob Sheth
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2009

I decided to check out thid hotel despite some poor reviews. We were glad we did. This hotel was spotless. We had a quick check in. The room was large and had the microwave/fridge which came in handy. We would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Super8_1, Manager at Econo Lodge Dalton, responded to this review, February 4, 2010
Cherri88,

Thank you for staying at Super8 in Dalton Ga. And Thank you for your response in tripadviser.

Bob Sheth
GM
beech grove, in
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2009

Spent 2 nights in this hotel over the past week. One night on our way to Savannah / Sarasota, one night on our way home. The rooms were OK. Nothing special and old. Everything was in good repair and I felt that they were clean. The pool was nice but had some leaves and a few dead bugs in it, but, that's to be expected in any outdoor pool.

Free breakfast consisted of cereal, donuts, muffins and waffles. I typically just have coffee but my wife said the waffles were great. This hotel has easy access to 75 and restraunt row is just 3 miles south on the interstate.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
tincher28
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2008

It was nice and clean. We had everything we needed. The staff was pretty nice. We got down around 9:30 and they still let us have breakfast even though it was suppose to close at 9. The breakfast was like any other continental hotel breakfast. It was in our price range ($55 for standard king size). We will probably stay there again next year.

• Liked — How clean it was
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple