“Less than expected”

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Hahira, Georgia
“Less than expected”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Made reservation online through Choice Hotels with reward points. Check in was easy with a very friendly staff. Unfortunately this hotel had smoking and non-smoking rooms. We requested and received a non-smoking room but it was obvious that the room smelled of smoke and the staff used a fragrance or cleaner to try to hide the smell which of course made the odor worse. The room needed updates. It looks like the owners through a fresh coat of paint on the room and called it good. Otherwise the bed was good but the bathroom was small for a suite. Breakfast was average at best. I'm thinking since I used my points for the room that I got the worst room. If we had to pay for this room we would have checked out. First and last time staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Check the room for odor first.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank westce

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stopped in without a reservation on our way from Florida to Michigan. I selected this exit because there were so many options for dining and hotels. I am very glad that I did. I am a choice hotel member so I was hoping that there were available rooms here and I lucked out. The hotel was very clean, Kathy at the front desk was pleasant and very informative and check in/out were a cinch. The breakfast was good and the breakfast attendant kept everything clean and stocked. It was a quick over night trip but there is nothing bad that I can say and I would definitely stay here again if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Aneisa F
Greenville, OH
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This place is good. 3rd time to stay here. The Staff is friendly and accommodating. The room was clean. The bed and pillows were good. Well situated to numerous restaurants and groceries.
Breakfast was just fine. Yup, we will stay here again, next year on our way down.

Room Tip: call before noon--they fill-up quick!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Betty B
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on return trip from Florida. Room was clean and very large but had an odd layout. Bed washe super comfy. Breakfast attendant was efficient and friendly. She even fill our thermos with coffee. Front desk staff also very friendly. I will staff here again.

• Stayed April 2013
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed here last year and loved it. What a difference a year makes. We stayed here in Feburary. It's close to the interstate and the fairgrounds. The room was clean. That's all I can say good about it. The king size mattress had a big sag in it. There was no table and chairs in the room. The ice machines and the soda machines were out of order at both locations. The contential breakfast was very limited. When I spoke to the clerk at checkout, she didn't even know that there were no tables or chairs in the room. She didn't offer any form of apology about the place and was a bit unpleasant. I told her that I would be writting the corporate office and she encoraged me to do so. Never again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Orland Park, Illinois
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It's hard to find decent pet friendly motels. This one is a winner. My wife and I have slept in our clothes at motels I won't mention, but since finding this one, we always stay here when we drive to and from Florida. Clean, easy off and on the highway, good place when traveling with a pet.

Room Tip: People with pets are assigned first floor rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cogwheel1
Lees Summit, Missouri, United States
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Hotel has easy access to I 75 and with closeness to interstate didn't hear any noise at all with the odd hours my job gets me to hotels staff very accomadating with breakfast and checkout time would gladly reccomend this hotel if passing through for a place to rest

• Stayed March 2013