“Nice rooms for the price!”
Review of Motel 6 Dalton

Motel 6 Dalton
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stay at this motel on a regular basis for business. My room is clean and equipped with all necessary personal items. The staff pleasent and efficient at getting you in a room fast. If there is ever a problem with a room, they are quick to remedy it. The property is easily accessible from I-75 and in a safe location. Highly recommend the motel for those who need a clean and comfortable place to stay for an economical price. If given a choice, pick a room on the back side as you don't hear the highway noise at all. Last stayed on 09/24/2012.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the property are quieter - less highway noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank SUSAN M

Reviewed September 10, 2012

My title for this review explains it all. We decided to go the cheapest route for a weekend vacation visiting cousins in Dalton, Ga. Motel 6 certainly provided the cheapest rate, and received about the same service expected for the cost. Upon arrival, the staff was quick to re-book our room to a lower level, which was nice. It was also no probably to check in at least three hours before "official" check-in was scheduled.

When entering the room, again, it's what we expected. Nothing luxurious, but it did the trick. Two beds, a very small bathroom, a television with your everyday hotel channels, however a larger-than-normal counter outside of the bathroom w/ a sink & plenty of room to spread out your tooth brushes, personal shaving cream, etc. And yes, the air conditioning worked fine w/ options for high/low.

Now, the negatives. On Sunday morning, I noticed there was not an accessible iron/ironing board inside the room. Unfortunately, we did have to walk to the front desk & back in the rain to obtain the iron/board. There was not a personal coffee maker either. There was one "big" coffee maker in the small lobby of the hotel. Again, to access this "complimentary" coffee, we had to walk through the rain. I do believe it's worth mentioning that when entering the room on our first night of stay, the toilet paper on the roll was 3/4 gone & not "fresh." In other words, we was grabbing from the same roll as the previous owner. I feel that despite the "cheapo" Motel mantra, placing a fresh roll of toilet paper for guests staying more than one night should have been a "duh" thing to do.

If I were nit-picking, I could complain about the awkwardness of the entrance/exit of the hotel, but I believe it's canceled out by the closeness of the expressway towards both "Downtown Dalton" & the next exit.

In the end, if you're on a budget & looking for a cheap stay... I didn't have a bad experience. However, if you're wanting to feel the "complete vacation" getaway, I would suggest elsewhere.

Room Tip: Bottom Floor, Back Parking Lot provided little noise & provided the feeling of security.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank James Y
Reviewed June 25, 2012

this was terrible the first room they put us in the air didnt work the second room the refrigerator didnt work this took 1 hour to get a room where every thing worked the room smelled of some strong spray we went to bed and itched all night must have bed bugs we will never stay at this place again and will be reporting this

Room Tip: you should stay next door at the baymount inn & suites thay have very nice rooms and service and...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kristina y
Reviewed April 26, 2012

it was very nice to stay here very thing was great we stop again here next time.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I itched and scratched all night. I woke up with red welts on my body. Which I later discovered were BED BUG BITES. We took our luggage home. It had bed bugs in it from the room. The bed bugs got in out house. We spent thousands of dollars getting chemicals sprayed in our house. I had to throw away most of my possessions. It should be shut down. This hotel is unsafe and unclean. It is a hazard and is spreading BED BUGS across interstate lines all over the country. This experience has altered my life dramatically in a very negative way. Please don't stay at this hotel. I would not want anyone to go through what we did.

• Stayed: December 2010
3  Thank bekindtonature12
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Sitting in the motel room right now, using borrowed wifi from best western across the street. Our room reeks of pets (moreso than normal for best western). When we entered the room they hadn't had the AC on at all, and being the middle of summer it was over 90 degrees in the room; took about 30 minutes to cool it off enough that we could tolerate it. Just searched under the bed for any items we missed before leaving, and there is old pizza crust, old pop cans, and old cups under the bed, none of which we brought (gross!!).

Walls are super thin, makes it tough for a family w/ young kids who tend to be loud. No clock or alarm clock in room. Everything else is typical motel6, tiny tiny.

Will not be returning.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2011

hotel directly off I-75, fairly newly renovated rooms, not supberb but fine for price, microwave and fridge in room good selection of tv channels, relatively clean (not afraid to sleep in bed!) staff was friendly and quick. since i was a single woman traveling alone, he gave me room in front facing main road, made me feel safer. he did this without me asking. main road is a little noisy but not too bad. bed firm and comfortable. also allowed my cat at no extra charge

Room Tip: get saver book at rest stop save $
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo