“Favorably impressed”

Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Bloomington, Indiana
“Favorably impressed”
Reviewed January 13, 2009

Had never stayed at a Jameson Inn before. All exterior access rooms. The room seemed very "homey" and had a nice setup with the sink basin in the room and the toilet/tub door set at an angle. King room furnished with a "chair and a half."

HVAC unit was fairly noisy.

Breakfast did feature make your own waffles and hot gravy. Sadly, the presentation was nil, and there were no eggs/bacon/fresh cut fruit like you might find at other places. Still, a pleasant place to overnight on I-75.

• Stayed January 2009
1 Thank JA78

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed June 28, 2008

We were very happy to find a Clean off the highway on a road trip. (I was not aware of the fact that dogs were allowed lol) The hotel was well lite up and we felt extremely safe. The building itself was in tip top shape fresh paint pretty flowers and obviously maintaining this property is a high priority. It was a pleasure to stay here. Thank You for the good nights rest.

• Liked — Very Clean
  • Disliked — They turn off the air in all the rooms and it takes awhile to cool down.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank relaxed34
Huntingdon, TN
Reviewed May 4, 2008

After trying nearly every other hotel at this exit and finding none that would accept dogs I was told to try Jameson, they did. I have had two previous rather bad experiences with this chain in the past and entered almost with dread. Lobby very clean, desk attendant quite pleasant and helpful. It was getting late and both my mutt and I were tired and looking to call it a day so I took the room. She gave me a ground floor room near the end of the building where I found a rather nice dog area. Well mowed and maintained and plenty of room. (They would do well to add a pole with waste disposal bags handy however to help keep it clean) The room was nicely decorated, very clean and well stocked. The bed, a king, was heavenly! Extremely comfortable. Several pillows, all of the same density though so if you like semi soft ones, great, if you prefer a firmer pillow there were none to be found. There was a small but adequate desk and a very comfortable recliner. One problem common to many hotels was a lack of electrical outlets and those that were there were as usual it seems behind furniture and already fully in use. No readily accesible outlet near the recliner or desk for my laptop. Although very near the intersate and on a very busy crossroad it was quiet and nothing disturbed me in the night. I did not have a chance to enjoy breakfast but it appears they have an excellent one with many cooked to order items, included in the room charge. Overall I was happily pleased and most pleasantly surprised by my overnight here. They have a new manager i was told and she is a stickler for clean. It showed!

• Liked — very clean
  • Disliked — lack of electrical outlets in the room
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank Iamdustoffmom
Fayetteville
Reviewed December 27, 2007

My family and I stayed in the Jameson Inn in Dalton, Ga coming and going from our Christmas Vacation. It is a very acceptable hotel that is "Pet Friendly" with nice rooms. The price was affordable. I would stay here again.

• Liked — Pet Friendly, Affordable, Great Staff and pretty good breakfast.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank mtled
Hillsboro, OH
Reviewed March 5, 2006

We stayed here in Janaury of 05. It was an OK hotel. The room was pretty clean. Not spotless, but acceptable. The big advantage to this hotel was the absolutely great breakfast. All Jameson's have a good breakfast and this one was no exception. Nothing quite like chocolate chips on a belgian waffle in the morning followed up with biscuits and gravy. If it were not for the breakfast, it would be just average. The breakfast puts it above average in my opinion.

• Stayed January 2005
1 Thank Durango4x4
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed April 29, 2004

Absolutely terrible. A roach motel. Not clean and terrible customer service.

1 Thank BillVol
pfreemon, District Manager at Howard Johnson Dalton, responded to this review, February 19, 2008
I understand your issues with our hotel in Dalton, GA back in 2004. We have made great strides to not only improve the condition of our rooms but customer service as well.

Since you have stayed with us we have changed General Managers and renovated the entire hotel. We have new "Dreamium" beds which is a wonderful pillow top mattress.

I hope you will give us an opportunity to provide you with a wonderful stay at our hotel in Dalton, GA. We would welcome the opportunity to show you our new hotel.

Pam Freemon