“Very Friendly and Clean”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dalton
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Will stay here again was nice and clean and priced reasonably. Parking lot was well lite up and real close to the interstate. Thanks for the advice on Curts Restaurant we loved it... Must try it if you have time...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
mike1226, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dalton, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us. We appriciate your comments and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Dalton area......Michelle O'Quinn

Reviewed September 4, 2012

You couldn't ask for a friendlier staff, or cleaner sooms. The beds were comfortable, the breakfasts were good. Signage could be improved - this place is not easy to find. The only walking distance restaurant is the Red Lobster, with a good bar staff. Mr T delivers pizza, but not my favorite. Several good restaurants within a mile.

Room Tip: Avoid 212 - top of the stairs to the lobby
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
mike1226, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dalton, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

From the Country Inn and Suites in Dalton, Ga we would like to thank you for staying with us. We appriciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience and hope that we see you again when your travels bring you back to Dalton......Michelle O'Quinn

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I always like Country Inn and Suites when I'm traveling from place to place, and this one is among the best of their brand. Everything was clean, and with my mountain-facing room everything was very quiet. Staff was friendly, and I will stay here again.

The hotel is just off I-75 (on the west side), and is tucked down a little road, and sets next to a Red Lobster. Also, it's situated nicely if you have business at the North Georgia Convention Center. The convention center is very close, but up a steep hill and around the bend, so you'll want to drive there. Across the interstate are more restaurants, as well as shops and grocery stores.

And if you have time I recommend driving an extra five minutes into downtown Dalton and eating at the Dalton Depot. A very historic building, with great food, almost playing off a nouveau Southern cooking menu. And cool to watch the trains go by. Skip the chains for just one meal; you'll be glad you did.

Room Tip: This is close to I-75, so a mountain-side room might be a smart request, if you're a light sleep...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Country Inn and Suites in Dalton. We are glad you enjoyed the area and the Dalton Depot. It really is a great place to visit while your here in Dalton. The entire staff wants to thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.....Michelle O'Quinn

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I picked this hotel based on my experience with the ones in IL and the fact we have a corp rate with the carpet mill. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable, and we hung out at the pool after dinner. The breakfast was good and well stocked, was a little surprised they didn't have glass plates and coffee mugs. The ones I stay at in IL do. Was in and out in 20 mis and on the road to FL in the family.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
mike1226, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dalton, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey on Trip Advisor. My staff and I are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope that we will see you again when your travels bring you back through the Dalton area.....Michelle O'Quinn

Reviewed June 19, 2012

This chain is becoming a favorite home away. We stay at this hotel 3-4 times a year as we are in the area often visiting family. This hotel is always very clean, with comfortable beds, a delicious breakfast (not a few Danishes, etc labeled a continental breakfast ) and excellent staff. Indoor pool is always clean and open. Love the two room suites to spread out and get work done while others sleep.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a survey. I am thrilled that you had a comfortable stay with us and appriciate your business. From the entire staff at the Country Inn and Suites in Dalton, Ga we enjoyed having you stay with us and hope to see you again when you are back in the Dalton area......MichelleO'Quinn

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I like going to Country Inn and Suites, mainly because we can get 3 beds, whereas many hotels only offer 2 beds. We had a 1 bedroom suite with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. The hotel lobby was very clean and inviting. Our room was clean as well and we had plenty of space. Beds were comfy and the tvs looked pretty new.

Now for the downside....Isaac at the front desk did not give much of a greeting when I entered the lobby to check in. He gave no indication about the free breakfast, where the breakfast room was, or what time breakfast was served. He handed me the keys in a sleeve with the room number on it, and did not indicate where our room was. He also did not mention the business center, the pool, or anything else in the hotel or where it was located. It seemed pretty much "do it yourself".

The next morning we were the only ones in the breakfast room. There were 2 ladies unloading supplies and boxes and were talking loudly to one another. They did not greet us or do anything to help with breakfast. The one lady was unloading boxes and left a full box sitting on the floor where someone could have tripped on it while trying to get breakfast. She also talked loudly on her cell phone. It was like no guests were even in the room. The biscuits and gravy were awful. Runny, thin "gravy" with no meat, bacon with no flavor, thank goodness for the waffle maker. They turned out good. I went back for coffee a little later when we were checking out and more people were eating breakfast. The coffee sputtered out of the carafe, and, and I have no idea when someone may have refilled it. I found coffee grounds in the bottom of my cup as I drank the last of it. Ick!

It is too bad the appeal of a pretty, clean hotel is ruined by inattentive, poor staff. The breakfast needs alot of improvement as well. I would not return to this hotel if in the area again.

Room Tip: Ask for mountain side....I wish we had! We faced the noisy highway.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ohiomrspj
mike1226, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dalton, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor. We want you to know that your comments have been heard, and we will be working hard with our staff to ensure that our guests do not experience this again in the future. The Country Inn and Suites in Dalton takes customer service seriously and hope that if your travels bring you back to our area, you will consider giving us another try. We apologize about your experience and hope to see you again in the future.....Michelle O'Quinn.......General Manager

Reviewed May 13, 2012

The room was spacious and comfortable but we were facing I-75, which kept us awake most of the night with the traffic noise. We would stay there again but ask for a room on the other side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the highway if we want to sleep well.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
mike1226, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dalton, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Please let me know when you make your next reservation, and I will make sure you have one of our mountainside rooms. We appriciate your business and look forward to seeing you again when you travel back through the Dalton area......Michelle