“Keep driving!”

Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Dalton
Minnesota
“Keep driving!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Being tired we needed a place to sleep. Their sign goes by America's Best Inn and shows a AAA sign. It must be an old sign because it doesn't measure up. Bedding was clean but the room is very run down. Tub was very stained with tbe wallpaper falling down throughout the room. Parking is right outside the door. The staff at ckeckin were great. You decide!

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank KANDILAKE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Miamisburg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

I would not recommend this hotel. Although the check-in clerk was helpful and friendly, the room was really bad. I wasn't expecting much with a $50 a night charge and the room was clean; however, the bedding was horrible. We found holes in our sheets and cigarette burns and holes in the blankets. I understand that for $50, I won't be staying in a four-star hotel room but please, please, at least give me a decent bed. We asked for another blanket and the one delivered to our room was worse than the ones we already had. I would stay away from this chain in the future when making hotel reservations.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Linda W

Travelers are raving about these Dalton hotels

Blairgowrie, Scotland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

This place should probabloy be rated a ZERO! We pulled in here to stay whilst on our way from Florida to Nashville. Althoughy the clerk at reception was very helpful the first room we were given had not been made up. There were no sheet on the bed and the covers and pillows were piled up on the floor. The trash was still in the trash can and there was dust and lint everywhere. We went back and requested another room and were told they were sorry but they had a new housekeeper who was unsure of their routines. We were issued with another room. This time at least the beds had been made up, but the floor had not been vacuumed and there was trash in the can again. However, in the bathroom there were workman tools all over the floor and about an inch of dust in the tub. There was even a cigarette butt floating in the toilet! NO WAY!! Back to reception to request a refund and we weren't the only ones doing that. We then headed off to the TravelLodge nearby, as did the other group. Save yourself time and hassle and keep driving past this place!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank renatemarta
Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

We were on our way to Florida. After a 12 hour day on the road and very tired, we asked at the next door Waffle House about the place. They said it was okay.
$45 a night and it was the pitts! Wall paper peeling of the walls, chair with a broken arm hanging, enamel gone around the shower drain. AND NO SOAP, not a bar of soap.

Husband laid his head down on the pillow sham and there was lipstick on it. We were too tired to move, slept the night, no showers, no breakfast, and hit the road.

Trust me, you DO NOT want to stay there, ever!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Soushi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2010

We checked in and found that the bathroom was mildewed and dingy. Everything looked 20 yrs old. But we decided to stay. We left our stuff in the room. Left for 2 hrs came back to relax and seen a roach come crawling out of the alarm clock. We go to the front desk to ask for our money back. The owner/manager was so RUDE! He argued with us and said he would give us half of our money back. But the kicker was before he showed up, the clerk said this wasn't the 1st time they had roaches and that he would switch our rooms. As we were getting our money, another person came in and wanted their money back cause they said the room stunk like a dead body. The manager became infuriated. I would never ever stay here again. My cousin lives in Dalton and now and then sends me pics of the place to remind me of my horrible expierence. Thx for the memories Scotty.

• Stayed January 2011
4 Thank debwhite20
Calgary, Alberta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2009

We were on a long road trip from Florida to Canada and basically just needed a place to stop for a few hours to rest before continuing. We pulled in to the Best Inns as it was the first place we came to in Dalton. As someone mentioned, it does have some award sign and is AAA/CAA recommended I believe.

Anyway, they charged us a room rate of $39.00 plus $10.00 for our cat. Why they would charge for a pet I have no idea - i wouldn' t even let my pet spend the night there.

Note, we didn't tell them we were only staying a few hours, they thought we were spending the night.

The place was empty but they gave us a 1 double bed room. The room is filthy, the bed is rock hard. The place is so dated and dirty - from the rust stains under the sink in the area outside the bathroom, to the dark and dingy toilet/bathtub area.

My cat was a bit scared and managed to get behind the bed (which is on a platform). My Husband had to move it out a bit to get her out. Dead bugs, pills - filthy under the bed.

If you care about getting a good rest while travelling, stay away from this place. Oh and if you get a room on the second floor, by the pool - watch the steps, the bottom one is broken.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank trailmix1234
Chattanooga, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2009

The price was very reasonable for the room offered. This is an economy hotel so if you are expecting the Four Seasons, you will be greatly disappointed.

There was a fridge and microwave in the room and a good size TV with a lot of channels offered including 3 HBO channels. I believe there was a hairdryer in the room and an iron/board as well. The furniture was ok.....a little dated and worn but not too bad. The a/c unit was an older unit but was quiet and kept the room at a reasonable temperature. The pool was clean however, I did not use it. I did not use the internet either so I have no opinion about it. Breakfast was offered but again, I did not try it.

The only negatives I have about the room was the top security lock on the door was broke, the comforters on the beds were worn and a little torn and the sheets were quite thin.

All and all if you are just looking for a place for a quick stop over, I would reccomend. The rooms are clean and in decent shape. Again, this is an economy hotel. If you are looking for luxury, this is not for you, if you are looking for cheap, clean, no frills, give them a try.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo